(单词翻译:单击)
原文欣赏
I'm Liz Murray. I have an appointment.
我是丽思?马里,我约了时间的
at 9:30?
9点30
It's 10:30
现在10点30了
I'm sorry, the subway got stucked.
我很抱歉,地铁晚点了。
I'm sorry, too. but it's really too late.
我也很抱歉,但你太晚了
School started 3 weeks ago. It's just about full.
3周前就开学了,招生快满了
Kids get here on time, honey.
我们只收守时的学生,亲爱的
I read the brochure "intensive student participation for the development of a just conmunity. "
我读过小册子“学生的参与有利于社区的公平发展"
I just need one chance.
我需要一个机会
You can wait and talk to David.
你可以等一下大卫
but he's got a meeting right after
但是他待会儿还有个会议
What is your dream? For your life? For your school.
你的梦想是什么?生活的梦想?学校的梦想?
I knew when at that moment I had to make a choice.
我知道那个时候我必须作出选择。
I could submit to everything that was happening in living life of excuses
我可以为自己的生活寻找任何借口
or I could push myself. I could push myself and make my life good.
或者我可以迫使我自己...迫使我自己让生活好转
Hey, we'll get you by friday.
我星期五会给你们通知
OK thank you. oh pleasure guys
谢谢 - 我的荣幸,孩子们
Elizabeth? - Liz
伊丽莎白?- 丽思
Liz, I'm sorry. We're making our last decisions now. I'm already late.
我很抱歉我们正在做最后的决定,我快迟到了
Can I just talk to you for just a minute? 30 sesonds?
我能和你谈一分钟吗?30秒?
It's the application. It's a whole big essay question, too.
这有申请表还有一大堆问题。
I've already done the essay. I really want this.
我已经完成了,我需要这个机会
妙语佳句
Dissatisfy (pt&pp.dissatisfied)
vt. 使不满意,使不满足;使失望
You have the ability to either satisfy or dissatisfy them when you contact them.
在与顾客接触的时候,你就具有使顾客满意或者不满意的能力。
------------------------------------------------------
Decisions
n.决定( decision的名词复数 );果断;决议;(法院的)判决
Taiwan and malaysia have taken similar decisions.
台湾和马来西亚也做出类似决定。
------------------------------------------------------
Superior to
[医]adj.优于,胜于
The researchers warned that subconscious thought is not always superior to conscious thought.
这些研究者们警告说,潜意识思考并不总是优于有意识思考。
------------------------------------------------------
Submit to
向…呈交[递送]…;顺从[屈从,服从]…;使(自己)听命于[听从]…;徇
It must be voluntary because forcing all organisations to submit to a regulatory body is akin to state licensing.
要保障自愿性原则是因为,强迫所有机构顺从一家监管机构,这种制度非常接近政府许可证制度。
剧情百科
Lise对上学的认真,执着与渴望,让得Dawid不得不接受了他的面试。Dawid并不知道在他面前的Lise对学习除了认真,更具备天才所拥有的天赋和努力。
考考你 Q&A
Q: Please use the word or phrase you just learnt to complete the sentence beblow.
1.Even osaka's _____ is distinct.
就连大阪的方言也是很有特点的。
2.______ that means the big three.
实际上这指的就是那三家大银行。
A:本期答案见下期
上期答案:
1.Envy may dissatisfy us with our lot.
嫉妒可使我们对自己的命运不满意。
2.Interest rates are superior to deposits and there is a lack of alternatives.
其利率优于储蓄利率,而且中国也缺少其他投资渠道。