2分钟英语口语课堂(视频+中英文本) 第38期:讨论职业选择 Talking About Career Choices
日期:2016-07-09 09:06

(单词翻译:单击)

Welcome to twominenglish.com. Teaching you English through two-minute lessons.
欢迎来到两分钟英语网站,通过两分钟教你英语。
In this lesson, we will see how to talk about career choices.
这节课,我们会看到怎样谈论职业选择。

Asking About Someone's Career Choices
询问别人的职业选择

June: Hey Steve. How are you?
June:嘿,史蒂夫,你好吗?
Steve: Not so good, June. I'm really confused about what to do after college.
Steve:不是很好,琼,我现在很困惑关于大学毕业后做什么。
June: I guess it happens. I myself have always been interested in interior designing. So I signed up for a couple of diploma programs.
June:我猜也是这样,我一直对室内设计感兴趣,我报名参加了一些培训课程。
Steve: That's great. Did you get selected anywhere?
Steve:很好,你已经选好地方了吗?
June: I'll get to know next week.
June:我下周就会知道。
Steve: Do you have a backup plan?
Steve:你有后备计划没有?
June: Yeah! My friend's in construction. I'll work at his firm to get some practical training.
June:是的,我朋友在搞建筑,我会在他公司工作得到些实践培训。
Steve: It seems you have everything sorted out.
Steve:似乎你一切都准备好了。

Talking to Your Professor About Career Choices
向你导师谈论职业选择

Steve: Excuse me, Sir. May I talk to you for a moment?
Steve:打扰一下,老师,我能和你谈一会吗?
Ross : Sure Steve. What is it?
Ross:可以,史蒂夫,是什么事?
Steve: Well, I'm really confused. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do after college.
Steve:嗯,我很困惑,我不知道大学毕业后到底做什么。
Ross: That can happen to anybody, Steve. Students usually get confused about it. What are your major interests?
Ross:史蒂芬,每个人都会发生这样的事,学生经常会感到困惑,你主要对什么感兴趣?
Steve: Well, I've always wanted to be a police officer. That's why I joined this course in criminal psychology.
Steve:嗯,我一直想成为一个警官,这就是我为什么参加犯罪心理学这门课程。
Ross: Why don't you apply to a Police Training Academy? You have all the credentials. Mr. Carson's son is an NYPD officer. He'll be able to guide you better.
Ross:你为什么不申请到警察培训学院?你有这样的资格,卡尔森的儿子是纽约警察局的一名警官,他能够指导你会更好。
Steve: Oh! Thank you, Sir. I'll talk to him first thing tomorrow.
Steve:哦,谢谢老师。明天第一件事我就找他谈谈。

Telling Someone About Your Career Choice
告诉别人你的职业选择

Steve: Hey Sammy. Where have you been? I haven't seen you in days.
Steve:嘿,萨米,你去哪里了?我几天都没见到你了。
Sammy: Hey Steve. I've been busy. I was sending applications to join the Army. I had to go back home for some documents.
Sammy:你好,史蒂夫,我一直很忙,我已经递交申请加入军队了。我得回家取些文件。
Steve: That sounds great but are you sure about it?
Steve:听起来很好,但你确定了吗?
Sammy: I have no doubts. This is what I want for my life.
Sammy:我不再犹豫了,这就是我想要的生活。
Steve : That's great, man. I'm planning to join the NYPD.
Steve:很好,朋友。我计划加入纽约警察局。
Sammy: Good news! Both of us would be protecting people and serving our country. I don't think there's anything better than that.
Sammy:这是个好消息啊,我们两个都会保护任命为国家效忠。我认为没有什么比这更好的了。
Steve: I couldn't agree more, Sammy.
steve:我再同意不过,萨米。

分享到