口腔临床英语对话(MP3+中英字幕) 第32期:活动义齿(假牙)
日期:2016-01-28 18:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Part fourteen

第十四章

Dentures

活动义齿(假牙)

I've reviewed your X-rays and I'm sorry to say that the rest of your upper teeth will have to be removed.

我看过了你的X光照片,很遗憾你上排所剩下的牙齿都要拔掉。

They're in hopeless condition. You need a full upper denture (upper plate).

实在是没有办法了,你需要按上一副上排假牙。

Oh no! Can't anything be done?

哦,不!还有别的办法吗?

I'm sorry, look at your X-rays.

对不起,你瞧瞧你的X光片吧。

Can you see the large cavities here and here?

你能看见这里有个大洞,这里有个大洞吗?

Do you see this gray area around the root of this tooth?

你能看见这颗牙齿齿根周围的灰色部分吗?

活动义齿.jpg

It's obviously infected. Look at these teeth here.

十分明显,已经感染了,

Can you see how little of the bone is left?

瞧一瞧这些牙齿,看得见骨头留下不多了吧?

That's why most of your teeth are loose.

这就是为什么你牙齿松动的原因,

They'll have to be extracted

这些牙齿都得拔掉。

But how long would I have to be without my teeth? I'll look terrible.

可是,我牙齿拔掉了空着多长时间呢?可真难看啊。

I can lessen (minimize) your inconvenience by making you an immediate denture.

我可以给你做一系列临时假牙可以减少不方便之处,

With this method, the posterior (back) teeth are extracted first.

使用这种方法,要先拔掉后面牙齿,

The gums must heal for at least one month before the denture is begun.

在开始做假牙之前,牙龈需要至少一个月才能长好,

You'll keep your anterior (front) teeth until the denture is made.

在做好假牙之前,前面的牙齿还要保留着。

The new denture will be inserted on the day that the front teeth are extracted. You won't ever be without your front teeth.

假牙必须在前面牙齿拔掉的那一天安上,你就不会没有前面的牙齿。

How long will it take? How many appointments will be needed?

需要多长时间?需要预约治疗几次?

I can begin to make your new teeth after the gums have healed from the extraction of the back teeth. That will take at least one month. After that, it will take two weeks to make the denture.

在拔了后面的牙齿牙龈长好以后,我会着手给你做上新的假牙,这样做至少一个月,完了之后,做全列假牙需要两个星期的时间。

What will you do on the first appointment?

在第一次预约治疗室该怎么办?

On the first appointment, I'll make plaster models of your jaws. My dental laboratory technician will help me to make your denture on the models. On the second visit, I'll make a record of your bite relations using wax forms like this one.

在第一次预约治疗时,我会给你做上、下颌的石膏模型,我们牙科制造室的技术人员会帮我在模型上给你做假牙,在第二次预约治疗时,我就要用像这样的模型来印下你的咬合关系。

I'll place your new teeth in the wax form to be sure that they fit with your lower teeth.

然后新假牙放进模型中以明确新假牙与下排牙齿能相互配合,

On the third visit, I'll extract the remaining front tooth and insert the denture.

在第三次预约治疗时,我要拔掉你留下来的前面的几颗牙齿,安上假牙。

And then the treatment is finished?

那么,治疗也就完毕了?

After that, I have to see you for minor adjustments to insure a good fit and eliminate sore spots.

完了之后,我还得给你看看,稍加调整以保证咬合良好,消除痛楚,

About six months after the denture is inserted, I'll have to reline or remake it, because the gums will shrink and the denture will become loose.

在安上假牙后六个月,因为牙龈会萎缩,假牙会松动,我还得将假牙的边缘修一修或重新再做。

I think that this will be very expensive. How would you like me to pay my bill?

我想得花不少钱,这笔账怎样付?

May I pay my bill over a period of time?

可不可以分期付?

Yes. I'd like you to pay one half of the fee at the beginning of treatment

可以,你可以在治疗开始时先付一半,

and the remainder of the fee on the day that the denture is inserted.

另外一半则在安上假牙那一天付。

I understand. However, I just feel worried about wearing a denture.

明白了,可是,我就是担心戴假牙。

Don't worry. I know that you're disappointed and apprehensive.

不用担心,我知道你心里不踏实,有些顾虑,

I'll make your new teeth fit as well as possible.

我会尽可能把新假牙做得合适,

You'll get accustomed (get used) to them in a very short time.

那么只要在不长的时间内就可以习惯过来,

I'll select your new teeth very carefully.

我会非常细心的给你选新的假牙。

What about the color? Will it look natural?

是什么颜色的?颜色自然不自然?

The shape, size, and color will be ideal for you. They'll be arranged to look like natural teeth. Your denture will not look like artificial.

形状、大小和颜色对你都会是很理想的,可以弄成看起来根真牙一样,不会看起来是人工做的,

It will be made to support your cheeks and lips, so that you can keep the natural shape of your face.

这假牙会做得支持住你的脸颊和嘴唇,这样就可以保持住你脸不自然的形状。

分享到
重点单词
  • inconveniencen. 不便,困难 vt. 使 ... 不便,使 ...
  • remaindern. 剩余物,其他的人,残余 vt. 廉价出售 a
  • extractionn. 抽出,取出,抽出物 n. 血统
  • accustomedadj. 习惯了的,通常的
  • apprehensiveadj. 忧虑的,敏悟的,善于领会的
  • extractn. 榨出物,精华,摘录 vt. 拔出,榨出,摘录,提取
  • minimizev. 将 ... 减到最少 [计算机] 最小化
  • immediateadj. 立即的,即刻的,直接的,最接近的
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科
  • disappointedadj. 失望的