BEC中级真题第1辑精听:Test2-Part Three(2)
日期:2019-10-02 09:00

(单词翻译:单击)

Man: So what role do these skills have?
那么,这些技能都扮演着什么样的角色呢?
Woman: Well, take numeracy.
就拿计算能力来说吧。
The sort of people who reach the upper levels of organisations are all highly numerate.
机构的高层人员都具备优秀的计算能力。
They have the ability to work with numbers at a very sophisticated level.
他们有能力和极其复杂的数字打交道。
So it's important that people can understand numbers and spot a mistake very, very quickly -
因此,能够理解数字并十分迅速地找到错误是很重要的——
even if there are a lot of noughts at the end.
即便后面有一堆零。
Man: What other findings of the committee were important to you?
委员会有没有其他发现对您来说十分重要?
Woman: Another finding was recognising the importance of work experience.
另一个发现是:意识到工作经验的重要性。
I think it's true to say that graduates with work experience are much more likely to get a job than those without.
我认为,拥有工作经验的毕业生比那些没有的更有可能得到工作。
At Robertson's we employ 25,000 students throughout the country and we're looking to increase that.
我们罗伯森在全国范围内雇佣了25000名学生,而且我们希望增加这一数字。
We need people with experience of working with others - this makes a big difference.
我们需要有经验的人,与别人合作过的经验——这会带来巨大变化。
Oh, and the third important finding was recognising the importance of applied research.
哦,第三个重要的发现是:意识到应用研究的重要性。
One problem is the gap between the discovery of certain innovations and actually putting them into practice.
一个问题是,某一创新的发现与其实际应用之间存在鸿沟。
That's where,as a country, we don't do as well as some of our competitors.
从国家的角度看,这就是我们没有一些竞争者做的好的地方。
We've got a wonderful record for pure research but it isn't translated into economic growth.
我们的纯理论研究做的很好,但它没有转换成经济增长。
That's where we need to build better links between business and industry, and higher education.
我们需要在企业、产业和高等教育之间建立更好的联系。在这一点上,我们需要做出努力。

分享到