(单词翻译:单击)
And, frankly, as a little girl in segregated Alabama, neither did I.
坦白说,作为一个在实行种族隔离的阿拉巴马州长大的小女孩,我也没想过 。
And knowing my friend, Justice Ginsberg, when she was fighting to be taken seriously in law school, neither did she.
我知道我的朋友金斯伯格法官,在法学院努力争取被认真对待的时候,她也没想过 。
There was a time, not too long ago, when it seemed, well, impossible.
曾几何时,也就是不久之前,这似乎是不可能实现的 。
That moment is a testament to the visions and dedication of brave Americans
这一刻证明了勇敢的美国人的远见和献身精神,
who pushed our country to rise up and live out its founding creed of freedom and equality.
他们推动我们的国家崛起,实现自由和平等的立国信条 。
That job, though, is not finished.
然而,这项大业尚未完成 。
Injustice and inequality linger and dangers not yet imagined will emerge.
不公正和不平等依然存在,无法想象的危险将会出现 。
Our world needs you.
我们的国家需要你们 。
You are the next generation of Americans who will fight for what is right, and one day make the impossible seem inevitable.
你们是下一代美国人,将为正义而战,总有一天会让不可能变为“必然” 。
Your contributions need not be televised or published or celebrated to make a difference.
你们要做的不是通过电视转播、登刊或者庆祝来改变世界 。
In fact, it is the many small acts of kindness and innovation that leave the most lasting impressions.
事实上,正是许多小小的善举和创新才能给人留下最持久的印象 。
From my own experience, I know this to be true.
从我自身经验来看,我知道这会实现 。
It doesn't matter where you came from, it matters where you are going.
你的出身并不重要,重要的是你的归宿 。
You can come from humble circumstances and do great things.
出身可以卑微,但是人生不能卑微 。
You're headed into a world where optimists and dreamers are too often told to keep their ideals to themselves.
你们正处在一个乐观者和梦想家常被告知要将自身理想埋藏起来的世界 。
Don't do it.
不要被迷惑 。
Believe in the infinite possibility of human progress.
相信人类进步的无限可能 。
Act to advance it.
行动起来,实现理想 。
Your education, the achievement we celebrate today, has powerfully equipped you to affect change.
你们所受的教育,我们今天庆祝的成就,为你们影响变革提供了强大的装备 。
Pursue those possibilities with vigor and determination, and then watch the good things that will happen.
精力充沛、毅然决然地追随那些可能发生的事情,然后期待好事降临 。
May God bless you on your journey today and in the days to come.
愿上帝在今天以及未来的日子里保佑你们 。