经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第694期
日期:2020-11-16 11:53

(单词翻译:单击)

All the melody on earth is concentrated in my Jane's tongue to my ear

凡我能听到的世间美妙的音乐,都集中在简的舌头上,

(I am glad it is not naturally a silent one):

我很高兴它不是天生的沉默

all the sunshine I can feel is in her presence."

凡我能感开到的阳光,都全聚在她身上。”

The water stood in my eyes to hear this avowal of his dependence;

听完他表示对别人的依赖,我不禁热泪盈眶。

just as if a royal eagle, chained to a perch, should be forced to entreat a sparrow to become its purveyor.

他仿佛是被链条锁在栖木上的一头巨鹰,竟不得不企求一只麻雀为它觅食。

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

But I would not be lachrymose: I dashed off the salt drops, and busied myself with preparing breakfast.

不过,我不喜欢哭哭啼啼,抹掉带咸味的眼泪,便忙着去准备早餐了。

Most of the morning was spent in the open air.

大半个早上是在户外度过的。

I led him out of the wet and wild wood into some cheerful fields:

我领着他走出潮湿荒凉的林子,到了令人心旷怡艳的田野。

I described to him how brilliantly green they were;

我向他描绘田野多么苍翠耀眼,

how the flowers and hedges looked refreshed; how sparklingly blue was the sky.

花朵和树篱多么生气盎然,天空又多么湛蓝闪亮。

I sought a seat for him in a hidden and lovely spot, a dry stump of a tree;

我在一个隐蔽可爱的地方,替他找了个座位,那是一个干枯的树桩。

nor did I refuse to let him, when seated, place me on his knee.

坐定以后,我没有拒绝他把我放到他膝头上。

Why should I, when both he and I were happier near than apart?

既然他和我都觉得紧挨着比分开更愉快,那我又何必要拒绝呢?

Pilot lay beside us: all was quiet.

派洛特躺在我们旁边,四周一片寂静。

He broke out suddenly while clasping me in his arms: --

他正把我紧紧地楼在怀里时突然嚷道:

"Cruel, cruel deserter!

“狠心呀,狠心的逃跑者!

Oh, Jane, what did I feel when I discovered you had fled from Thornfield, and when I could nowhere find you;

呵,简,我发现你出走桑菲尔德,而又到处找不着你,

and, after examining your apartment, ascertained that you had taken no money, nor anything which could serve as an equivalent!

细看了你的房间,断定你没有带钱,或者当钱派用处的东西,我心里是多么难受呀!

A pearl necklace I had given you lay untouched in its little casket;

我送你的一根珍珠项链,原封不动地留在小盒子里。

your trunks were left corded and locked as they had been prepared for the bridal tour.

你的箱子捆好了上了锁,像原先准备结婚旅行时一样。

What could my darling do, I asked, left destitute and penniless?

我自问,我的宝贝成了穷光蛋,身边一个子儿也没有,她该怎么办呢?

And what did she do? Let me hear now."

她干了些什么呀?现在讲给我听听吧。”

Thus urged, I began the narrative of my experience for the last year.

于是在他的敦促之下,我开始叙述去年的经历了。

分享到