经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第689期
日期:2020-11-05 08:53

(单词翻译:单击)

"I thought you would be revolted, Jane, when you saw my arm, and my cicatrised visage."

“我想你看到我的胳膊和疤痕累累的面孔时会觉得厌恶的。”

"Did you? Don't tell me so -- lest I should say something disparaging to your judgment.

“你这样想的吗?别同我说这话——不然我会对你的判断说出不恭的话来。

Now, let me leave you an instant, to make a better fire, and have the hearth swept up.

好吧,让我走开一会儿,把火生得旺些,把壁炉清扫一下。

Can you tell when there is a good fire?"

火旺的时候,你能辨得出来吗?”

Rochester-Jane-Eyre.jpg

"Yes; with the right eye I see a glow -- a ruddy haze."

“能,右眼能看到红光——一阵红红的烟雾。”

"And you see the candles?"

“你看得见蜡烛光吗?”

"Very dimly -- each is a luminous cloud."

“非常模糊——每根蜡烛只是一团发亮的雾。”

"Can you see me?"

“你能看见我吗?”

"No, my fairy: but I am only too thankful to hear and feel you."

“不行,我的天使。能够听见你,摸到你已经是够幸运了。”

"When do you take supper?"

“你什么时候吃晚饭?”

"I never take supper."

“我从来不吃晚饭。”

"But you shall have some to-night.

“不过今晚你得吃一点。

I am hungry: so are you, I daresay, only you forget."

我饿了,我想你也一样,不过是忘了罢了。”

Summoning Mary, I soon had the room in more cheerful order: I prepared him, likewise, a comfortable repast.

我把玛丽叫了进来,让她很快把房间收拾得更加令人振奋,同时也为他准备了一顿舒心的晚宴。

My spirits were excited, and with pleasure and ease I talked to him during supper, and for a long time after.

我的心情也激动起来,晚餐时及晚餐后同他愉快而自在地谈了很久。

There was no harassing restraint, no repressing of glee and vivacity with him;

跟他在一起,不存在那种折磨人的自我克制,不需要把欢快活跃的情绪压下去。

for with him I was at perfect ease, because I knew I suited him;

同他相处,我无拘无束,因为我知道自己与他很相称。

all I said or did seemed either to console or revive him.

我的一切言行似乎都抚慰着他,给他以新的生命。

Delightful consciousness!

多么愉快的感觉呀!

It brought to life and light my whole nature: in his presence I thoroughly lived; and he lived in mine.

它唤醒了我全部天性,使它灼灼生辉。在他面前我才尽情地生活着,同样,在我面前,他才尽情地生活着。

Blind as he was, smiles played over his face, joy dawned on his forehead: his lineaments softened and warmed.

尽管他瞎了,他脸上还是浮起了笑容,额头映出了欢快,面部表情温柔而激动。

分享到