经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第663期
日期:2020-09-18 09:03

(单词翻译:单击)

"In a few more hours I shall succeed you in that track, cousin," thought I:

“几小时之后我会循着你的足迹,表兄,”我想:

"I too have a coach to meet at Whitcross.

“我也要去惠特克劳斯搭乘马车。

I too have some to see and ask after in England, before I depart for ever."

在永远告别英国之前,我也有人要探望和问候。”

It wanted yet two hours of breakfast-time.

离早餐还有两个小时。

I filled the interval in walking softly about my room, and pondering the visitation which had given my plans their present bent.

这段时间我在房间里轻轻地走来走去,思忖着促成我眼前这番计划的奇事。

I recalled that inward sensation I had experienced: for I could recall it, with all its unspeakable strangeness.

我回忆着我所经历的内在感觉,我能回想起那种难以言说的怪异。

jane-eyre-1400x788.jpg

I recalled the voice I had heard;

我回想着我听到的声音,

again I questioned whence it came, as vainly as before: it seemed in me -- not in the external world.

再次像以前那样徒劳地问,它究竟从何而来。这声音似乎来自我内心——而不是外部世界。

I asked was it a mere nervous impression -- a delusion?

我问道,难道这不过是一种神经质的印象——一种幻觉?

I could not conceive or believe: it was more like an inspiration.

我既无法想象,也并不相信。它更像是神灵的启示。

The wondrous shock of feeling had come like the earthquake which shook the foundations of Paul and Silas's prison;

这惊人的震感来势猛似地震,摇撼了保尔和西拉所在的监狱的地基,

it had opened the doors of the soul's cell and loosed its bands --

它打开了心灵的牢门,松开了锁链,——

it had wakened it out of its sleep, whence it sprang trembling, listening, aghast;

把心灵从沉睡中唤醒,它呆呆地颤栗着,倾听着。

then vibrated thrice a cry on my startled ear, and in my quaking heart and through my spirit, which neither feared nor shook,

随后一声尖叫震动了三次,冲击着我受惊的耳朵,沉入我震颤的心田,穿透了我心灵。心灵既不害怕,也没有震惊,

but exulted as if in joy over the success of one effort it had been privileged to make, independent of the cumbrous body.

而是欢喜雀跃,仿佛因为有幸不受沉重的躯体支配,作了一次成功的努力而十分高兴似的。

"Ere many days," I said, as I terminated my musings,

“不要很多天,”我从沉思中回过神来后说。

"I will know something of him whose voice seemed last night to summon me.

“我会了解到他的一些情况,昨晚他的声音已经召唤过我。

Letters have proved of no avail -- personal inquiry shall replace them."

信函问询已证明毫无结果——我要代之以亲自探访。”

分享到