经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第611期
日期:2020-07-07 08:42

(单词翻译:单击)

The ordinary sitting-room and bedrooms I left much as they were:

普通的起居室和寝室我大体保持原样,

for I knew Diana and Mary would derive more pleasure from seeing again the old homely tables,

因为我知道,黛安娜和玛丽又一次看到朴实的桌子、

and chairs, and beds, than from the spectacle of the smartest innovations.

椅子和床,会比看到最时髦的整修更愉快。

Still some novelty was necessary, to give to their return the piquancy with which I wished it to be invested.

不过赋予某些新意还是必要的,使她们回家的时候有一种我所希望的生气。

Dark handsome new carpets and curtains, an arrangement of some carefully selected antique ornaments in porcelain and bronze,

添上黑色漂亮的新地毯、新窗帘、几件经过精心挑选的、古色古香的瓷器和铜器摆设,

new coverings, and mirrors, and dressing-cases, for the toilet tables, answered the end:

还有新床罩、镜子和化妆台上的化妆盒等等,便达到了这一目的。

无标题.jpg

they looked fresh without being glaring.

它们看上去鲜艳而不耀眼。

A spare parlour and bedroom I refurnished entirely, with old mahogany and crimson upholstery:

一间空余的客厅和寝室,用旧红木家具和大红套子重新布置了一下。

I laid canvas on the passage, and carpets on the stairs.

我在过道上铺了帆布,楼梯上铺了地毯。

When all was finished, I thought Moor House as complete a model of bright modest snugness within,

一切都完成以后,我想在这个季节里沼泽居既是室内光亮舒适的典范,

as it was, at this season, a specimen of wintry waste and desert dreariness without.

又是室外寒冬枯叶、荒芜凄凉的标本

The eventful Thursday at length came.

不平凡的星期四终于到来了。

They were expected about dark, and ere dusk fires were lit upstairs and below; the kitchen was in perfect trim;

估计她们约摸天黑时到。黄昏前楼上楼下都生了火,厨房里清清爽爽。

Hannah and I were dressed, and all was in readiness.

汉娜和我都穿戴好了,一切都已收拾停当。

分享到