经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第530期
日期:2020-02-26 09:05

(单词翻译:单击)

"And what business have you here?" she continued. "It is not your place.
“你在这儿干什么?”她继续说。“这不是你呆的地方。
Mary and I sit in the kitchen sometimes, because at home we like to be free, even to license
玛丽和我有时在厨房里坐坐,因为在家里我们爱随便些,甚至有些放肆,
but you are a visitor, and must go into the parlour."
但你是客人,得到客厅去。”
"I am very well here."
“我在这儿很舒服。”
"Not at all -- with Hannah bustling about and covering you with flour."
“一点也不--汉娜忙这忙那,会把面粉沾在你身上。”
"Besides, the fire is too hot for you," interposed Mary.
“另外,火炉对你也有些太热,”玛丽插嘴说。
"To be sure," added her sister. "Come, you must be obedient."
“没有错,”她姐姐补充说。“来吧,你得听话。”

经典文学《简·爱》

And still holding my hand she made me rise, and led me into the inner room.
她一面握着我的手一面拉我起来,领进内室。
"Sit there," she said, placing me on the sofa, "while we take our things off and get the tea ready;
“那儿坐着吧,”她说着把我安顿在沙发上,“我们来脱掉衣服,准备好茶点。
it is another privilege we exercise in our little moorland home to prepare our own meals when we are so inclined,
在沼泽居小家庭中享受的另一个特权,是自己准备饭菜,那往往是想要这么干,
or when Hannah is baking, brewing, washing, or ironing."
或者汉娜忙着烘烤,调制、烫衣的时候。”
She closed the door, leaving me solus with Mr. St. John, who sat opposite, a book or newspaper in his hand.
她关了门,留下我与圣·约翰先生单独呆着,他坐在我对面,手里捧着一本书或一张报纸。
I examined first, the parlour, and then its occupant.
我先是打量了一下客厅。随后再看看厅主人。

分享到