经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第478期
日期:2019-11-13 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

That night I never thought to sleep; but a slumber fell on me as soon as I lay down in bed.
那天晚上我绝没有想到要睡,但我一躺到床上便睡着了。
I was transported in thought to the scenes of childhood:
我在想象中又回到了孩提时代的情景。
I dreamt I lay in the red-room at Gateshead;
我梦见自己躺在盖茨黑德的红房子里,
that the night was dark, and my mind impressed with strange fears.
夜很黑,我的脑子里印着奇奇怪怪的恐惧。
The light that long ago had struck me into syncope, recalled in this vision,
很久以前弄得我昏厥的光,又出现在这情景中,
seemed glidingly to mount the wall, and tremblingly to pause in the centre of the obscured ceiling.
似乎溜上了墙,抖动着停在模糊的天花板中间。
I lifted up my head to look: the roof resolved to clouds, high and dim;
我抬头去看,只见屋顶已化解成了云彩,又高又暗。
the gleam was such as the moon imparts to vapours she is about to sever.
那光线像月亮冲破雾气时照在浓雾上的光。

经典文学《简·爱》

I watched her come -- watched with the strangest anticipation;
我看着月亮过来--带着奇怪的期待注视着,
as though some word of doom were to be written on her disk.
仿佛某种判决词将要刻写在圆圆的脸上。
She broke forth as never moon yet burst from cloud: a hand first penetrated the sable folds and waved them away;
她从云层中冲了出来,从来没有什么月亮像她那么穿云破雾的。一只手伸进了她黑色的皱搁,把它挥走。
then, not a moon, but a white human form shone in the azure, inclining a glorious brow earthward.
随后碧空中出现了一个白色的人影,而不是月亮了,那人光芒四射的额头倾向东方。
It gazed and gazed on me. It spoke to my spirit:
盯着我看了又看,并对我的灵魂说起话来,
immeasurably distant was the tone, yet so near, it whispered in my heart...
声音既远在天边,又近在咫尺。它在我耳朵里悄声说:
"My daughter, flee temptation." "Mother, I will."
“我的女儿,逃离诱惑吧!” “母亲,我会的。”

分享到