经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第473期
日期:2019-11-06 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

"You make me a liar by such language: you sully my honour.
“你说这样的话是要把我当成一个骗子:你败坏了我的名誉。
I declared I could not change: you tell me to my face I shall change soon.
我宣布我不会变心,而你却当着我的面说我很快就会变心。
And what a distortion in your judgment, what a perversity in your ideas, is proved by your conduct!
你的行为证明,你的判断存在着多大的歪曲:你的观念又是何等的反常!
Is it better to drive a fellow-creature to despair than to transgress a mere human law, no man being injured by the breach?
难道仅仅违背人类的一个法律不是比把你的同类推向绝望更好吗?任何人都不会因为违背法律而受到伤害。
For you have neither relatives nor acquaintances whom you need fear to offend by living with me?"
因为你既无亲戚又无熟人,不必害怕由于同我生活而得罪他们。”

经典文学《简·爱》

This was true: and while he spoke my very conscience and reason turned traitors against me,
这倒是真的。他说话时我的良心和理智都背叛了我,
and charged me with crime in resisting him.
指控我犯了同他对抗的罪。
They spoke almost as loud as Feeling: and that clamoured wildly.
两者似乎像感情一样大叫大嚷。感情疯狂地叫喊着。
"Oh, comply!" it said. "Think of his misery; think of his danger -- look at his state when left alone;
“呵,同意吧!”它说。“想想他的痛苦,考虑考虑他的危险--看看他一个人被丢下时的样子吧,
remember his headlong nature; consider the recklessness following on despair -- soothe him; save him; love him;
记住他轻率冒险的本性,想一想伴随绝望而来的鲁莽吧,安慰他,拯救他,爱他。
tell him you love him and will be his.
告诉他你爱他,而且是属于他的。
Who in the world cares for you? Or who will be injured by what you do?"
世上有谁来关心你?你的所作所为会伤着谁呢?”

分享到