经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第461期
日期:2019-10-21 11:12

(单词翻译:单击)

"Yet I could not live alone; so I tried the companionship of mistresses.
“但是我无法单独生活,所以我尝试找情妇来作伴。
The first I chose was Céline Varens -- another of those steps which make a man spurn himself when he recalls them.
我第一个选中的是塞莉纳·瓦伦--我所走的另一步,使人一想起来就会唾弃自己。
You already know what she was, and how my liaison with her terminated.
你已经知道她是怎么个人,我们之间的私通是如何结束的。
She had two successors: an Italian, Giacinta, and a German, Clara; both considered singularly handsome.
她之后有两个后继者,一个是意大利人嘉辛塔;另一个是德国人克莱拉,两人都被认为美貌绝伦。
What was their beauty to me in a few weeks?
但是几周之后我觉得她们的美貌对我又有什么意思?
Giacinta was unprincipled and violent: I tired of her in three months.
嘉辛塔肆无忌惮,性格暴烈,过了三个月我就讨厌了。

经典文学《简·爱》

Clara was honest and quiet; but heavy, mindless, and unimpressible: not one whit to my taste.
克莱拉诚实文静,但反应迟钝,没有头脑,很不敏感,一点也不对我口味。
I was glad to give her a sufficient sum to set her up in a good line of business, and so get decently rid of her.
我很高兴给了她相当一笔钱,替她找到了一个很好的行当,体面地把她撵走了。
But, Jane, I see by your face you are not forming a very favourable opinion of me just now.
可是简,从你的脸上可以看出,刚才你对我的印象并不很好。
You think me an unfeeling, loose-principled rake: don't you?"
你认为我是一个冷酷无情、放荡不羁的流氓,是吗?”
"I don't like you so well as I have done sometimes, indeed, sir.
“说实在我并不像有时那么喜欢你,先生。
Did it not seem to you in the least wrong to live in that way, first with one mistress and then another?
你难道一点也不觉得这种一会儿这个情妇,一会儿那个情妇的生活方式不对吗?
You talk of it as a mere matter of course."
你谈起来仿佛这是理所当然的。”

分享到