经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第385期
日期:2019-05-31 10:46

(单词翻译:单击)

It was not only the hurry of preparation that made me feverish;
使我兴奋的不仅是匆匆忙忙的结婚准备,
not only the anticipation of the great change -- the new life which was to commence to-morrow:
也不仅是因为对巨大的变化,明天开始的新生活所怀的希望。
both these circumstances had their share, doubtless,
毫无疑问,两者都起了作用,
in producing that restless, excited mood which hurried me forth at this late hour into the darkening grounds:
使我兴奋不安,这么晚了还匆匆来到越来越黑的庭园。
but a third cause influenced my mind more than they.
但是第三个原因对我的心理影响更大。
I had at heart a strange and anxious thought.
我内心深处埋藏着一种古怪而焦急的念头。
Something had happened which I could not comprehend;
这儿发生了一件我无法理解的事情,
no one knew of or had seen the event but myself: it had taken place the preceding night.
而且除了我,既无人知道,也无人见过。那是在前一天晚上发生的。

经典文学《简·爱》

Mr. Rochester that night was absent from home; nor was he yet returned:
罗切斯特先生出门去了,还没有回来。
business had called him to a small estate of two or three farms he possessed thirty miles off
他因为有事上三十英里外的两三个小农庄去了,
business it was requisite he should settle in person, previous to his meditated departure from England.
这些事务需要他在计划离开英国之前亲自去办理。
I waited now his return; eager to disburthen my mind, and to seek of him the solution of the enigma that perplexed me.
此刻我等着他回来,急于卸去心头的包皮袱,请他解开困惑着我的谜。
Stay till he comes, reader; and, when I disclose my secret to him, you shall share the confidence.
我要呆到他回来,读者,我向他倾诉我的秘密,你们也就不言自明了。

分享到