八堂课教你打造一家让员工乐于效力的公司
日期:2019-04-17 18:32

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

HR jargon makes me crazy.
人力资源行话让我抓狂。
We have to have all these stupid acronyms that describe things that nobody understands: OKRs and PIPs.
我们有各式各样的愚蠢缩写,没人知道是什么意思:OKRs、PIPs等等。
I think we can run our businesses by just talking to each other like regular human beings.
我想,在经营事业时,其实可以采用一般人类的交谈方式即可。
We might actually get more done.
可能还可以搞定更多事。
I really always wanted to be an HR professional, I wanted to be able to speak the language of management.
我一直都很想成为人力资源的专家,我希望能够说管理阶层的语言。
And you know what I've learned after all this time? I don't think any of it matters.
你们知道这段期间我学到什么吗?我认为这一切都不重要。
There's all kinds of things that we call "best practices" that aren't best practices at all.
有好多我们所谓的“最佳做法”根本就不是最佳做法。
How do we know it's best? We don't measure this stuff.
我们怎么知道它是最佳的?这是无法测量的。
In fact, I've learned that "best practices" usually means copying what everybody else does.
事实上,我学到的是,“最佳做法”通常意谓着完全照别人的方式做。
Our world is changing and evolving all the time. Here are some lessons to help you adapt.
我们的世界时时刻刻都在改变、演化。以下这几课能够协助你适应。
Lesson one: Your employees are adults.
第一课:你的员工是成人。
You know, we've created so many layers and so many processes and so many guidelines
我们创造出好多层级、好多流程、好多指南,
to keep those employees in place that we've ended up with systems that treat people like they're children.
来确保那些员工能做该做的事,最后结果就是产生出把人当孩童来对待的体制。
And they're not. Fully formed adults walk in the door every single day.
他们不是孩童。每天走进来的都是完全长大的成人。
They have rent payments, they have obligations, they're members of society, they want to create a difference in the world.
他们有房租要缴,他们有义务要履行,他们是社会的一员,他们想要在世界上创造出差异。
So if we start with the assumption that everybody comes to work to do an amazing job, you'd be surprised what you get.
如果我们一开始就假设大家来工作都是想要把事情做得很好,你会得到很惊人的结果。
Lesson two: The job of management isn't to control people, it's to build great teams.
第二课:管理工作并不是在控制人,而是在建立优秀的团队。
When managers build great teams, here's how you know it.
如果管理者建立了优秀的团队,就会有下列的特征。
They've done amazing stuff. Customers are really happy.
他们做了很了不起的事。客户都真的很开心。
Those are the metrics that really matter.
那些才是重要的衡量标准。
Not the metrics of: "Do you come to work on time?" "Did you take your vacation?"
而不是用这些标准衡量:“你有准时上班吗?”“你有休假吗?”
"Did you follow the rules?" "Did you ask for permission?"
“你有遵守规定吗?”“你有取得允许吗?”
Lesson three: People want to do work that means something.
第三课:大家都想要做有意义的工作。
After they do it, they should be free to move on. Careers are journeys.
做完之后,他们应该要能自由地继续走下去。职业生涯是旅程。
Nobody's going to want to do the same thing for 60 years.
没有人会希望六十年都做同样的事。
So the idea of keeping people for the sake of keeping them really hurts both of us.
所以,只为了留住人而留住人的想法,其实是在伤害双方。
Instead, what if we created companies that were great places to be from?
换个想法,如果我们创造的公司也是很棒的跳板,如何?
And everyone who leaves you becomes an ambassador for not only your product, but who you are and how you operate.
离开你的每一个人,都会成为大使,不只是宣扬你的产品,也宣扬你的为人以及营运方式。
And when you spread that kind of excitement throughout the world, then we make all of our companies better.
当你能把那么让人兴奋的事散播到全世界,就能让所有人的公司都变得更好。
Lesson four: Everyone in your company should understand the business.
第四课:公司中的每一个人都应该了解公司的事业。
Now, based on the assumption that we've got smart adults here,
根据“大家都是聪明的成人”这个假设,
the most important thing we can teach them is how our business works.
我们能教大家的事情当中最重要的是我们的事业如何运作。
When I look at companies that are moving fast,
我看到一些公司进展很快速,
that are really innovative and that are doing amazing things with agility and speed, it's because they're collaborative.
真的在做创新,且很灵活又迅速地做出很多了不起的事,都是因为他们懂得合作。

八堂课教你打造一家让员工乐于效力的公司

The best thing that we can do is constantly teach each other what we do, what matters to us, what we measure,
我们最好能做到经常教导彼此,让对方知道我们在做什么、我们在乎什么、我们的衡量标准是什么、
what goodness looks like, so that we can all drive towards achieving the same thing.
什么才叫做好,这样我们才能一起朝向共同目标迈进。
Lesson five: Everyone in your company should be able to handle the truth.
第五课:公司里的每一个人都应该要能够接受真相。
You know why people say giving feedback is so hard?
你知道为什么大家都说给回馈意见很困难吗?
They don't practice. Let's take the annual performance review.
因为他们没练习。咱们用年度绩效检讨为例。
What else do you do in your whole life that you're really good at that you only do once a year?
在你的一生中,有什么事情是你一年才做一次,就能做得非常好的?
Here's what I found: humans can hear anything if it's true.
我的发现如下:只要是真的事情,人类就可以听见。
So let's rethink the word "feedback," and think about it as telling people the truth, the honest truth,
所以,咱们重新思考一下“回馈”这个词,把它想成是告诉别人真相,诚实的真相,
about what they're doing right and what they're doing wrong, in the moment when they're doing it.
讲出他们做对了什么、做错了什么,且当他们在做的时候就要讲。
That good thing you just did, whoo! That's exactly what I'm talking about.
你刚刚做的那件好事,呼!就是这样没错。
Go do that again. And people will do that again, today, three more times.
再去做一次。大家今天就会再做一次,再做三次。
Lesson six: Your company needs to live out its values.
第六课:你的公司必须要活出它的价值观。
I was talking to a company not long ago, to the CEO.
不久前,我跟一家公司的首席执行官谈话。
He was having trouble because the company was rocky and things weren't getting done on time,
他遇到了困难,因为公司运营很辛苦,且事情都无法如期完成,
and he felt like things were sloppy.
他觉得一切都很懒散。
This also was a man who, I observed, never showed up to any meeting on time. Ever.
依我观察,这个人本身也从来没有准时出席会议。从来没有。
If you're part of a leadership team, the most important thing that you can do to "uphold your values" is to live them.
如果你是领导团队中的一员,若要“维护你的价值观”,最重要的就是要以身作则。
People can't be what they can't see. We say, "Yes, we're here for equality,"
大家看不见的,就不会去做。我们说:“我们很重视平等。”
and then we proudly pound our chest because we'd achieved 30 percent representation of women on an executive team.
接着,我们骄傲地拍拍胸脯,因为我们的主管团队中的女性比例达到了30%。
Well that's not equal, that's 30 percent.
嗯,那不是平等,那是30%。
Lesson seven: All start-up ideas are stupid.
第七课:所有新创的点子都很蠢。
I spend a lot of time with start-ups, and I have a lot of friends that work in larger, more established companies.
我花了很多时间在新创公司上,且我有很多朋友在成熟的大公司工作。
They are always pooh-poohing the companies that I work with.
他们总是很瞧不起我合作的公司。
"That is such a stupid idea." Well, guess what: all start-up ideas are stupid.
“那个点子好蠢。”嗯,你猜如何:所有新创的点子都很蠢。
If they were reasonable, somebody else would have already been doing them.
如果这些点子很合理,早就会有人去做了。
Lesson eight: Every company needs to be excited for change. Beware of the smoke of nostalgia.
第八课:每家公司都得要对改变感到兴奋。要小心怀旧之情的征兆。
If you find yourself saying, "Remember the way it used to be?"
如果你发现你自己会说:“还记得以前是怎样的吗?”
I want you to shift your thinking to say, "Think about the way it's going to be."
我希望你能转换思路,改说:“想想将来可能会是怎样的。”
If I had a dream company, I would walk in the door and I would say,
我梦想中的公司是这样的:当我走进门,会说:
"Everything's changed, all bets are off.
“一切都改变了,原来的都不算数。
We were running as fast as we can to the right, and now we'll take a hard left."
我们本来是全力向右跑,现在要向左急转弯。”
And everybody would go "Yes!" It's a pretty exciting world out there, and it's changing all the time.
而大家都会说“好!”外头的世界很刺激,且随时在改变。
The more we embrace it and get excited about it, the more fun we're going to have.
我们越能拥抱改变、对改变感到兴奋,我们就能有越多乐趣。

分享到
重点单词
  • describevt. 描述,画(尤指几何图形),说成
  • measuren. 措施,办法,量度,尺寸 v. 测量,量
  • embracev. 拥抱,包含,包围,接受,信奉 n. 拥抱
  • assumptionn. 假定,设想,担任(职责等), 假装
  • collaborativeadj. 合作的,协作的
  • rockyadj. 岩石的,像岩石的,坚硬的,麻木的,困难重重的
  • agilityn. 敏捷,灵活,轻快
  • nostalgian. 乡愁,向往过去,怀旧之情
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传