经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第363期
日期:2019-04-12 10:23

(单词翻译:单击)

"Is it really for love he is going to marry you?" she asked.
“难道他真的是因为爱你而娶你的?”她问。
I was so hurt by her coldness and scepticism, that the tears rose to my eyes.
她的冷漠和怀疑使我心里非常难受,眼泪涌上了我的眼眶。
"I am sorry to grieve you," pursued the widow;
“对不起让你伤心了,”寡妇继续谈下去,
"but you are so young, and so little acquainted with men, I wished to put you on your guard.
“可是你那么年轻,跟男人接触又那么少,我希望让你存些戒心。
It is an old saying that 'all is not gold that glitters;'
老话说‘闪光的不一定都是金子’,
and in this case I do fear there will be something found to be different to what either you or I expect."
而在这方面,我担心会出现你我所料想不到的事。”
"Why? -- am I a monster?" I said: "is it impossible that Mr. Rochester should have a sincere affection for me?"
“为什么?难道我是个妖怪?”我说,“难道罗切斯特先生不可能真心爱我?”

经典文学《简·爱》

"No: you are very well; and much improved of late; and Mr. Rochester, I daresay, is fond of you.
“不,你很好,而且近来大有长进。我想罗切斯特先生很喜欢你。
I have always noticed that you were a sort of pet of his.
我一直注意到,你好像深得他宠爱。
There are times when, for your sake, I have been a little uneasy at his marked preference,
有时候为你着想,我对他明显的偏爱感到不安,
and have wished to put you on your guard: but I did not like to suggest even the possibility of wrong.
而且希望你提防着点,但我甚至不想暗示会有出事的可能。
I knew such an idea would shock, perhaps offend you;
我知道这种想法会使你吃惊,也许还会得罪你。
and you were so discreet, and so thoroughly modest and sensible, I hoped you might be trusted to protect yourself.
你那么审慎,那么谦逊,那么通情达理,我希望可以信赖你保护自己。
Last night I cannot tell you what I suffered when I sought all over the house,
昨天晚上,我找遍了整幢房子,
and could find you nowhere, nor the master either;
既没有见到你,也没有见到主人,
and then, at twelve o'clock, saw you come in with him."
而后来十二点钟时瞧见你同他一起进来,这时我的痛苦实在难以言传。”

分享到
重点单词
  • sensibleadj. 可察觉的,意识到的,实用的 n. 可感知物
  • uneasyadj. 不自在的,心神不安的,不稳定的,不舒服的
  • grievev. 使 ... 悲伤
  • impossibleadj. 不可能的,做不到的 adj. 无法忍受的
  • affectionn. 慈爱,喜爱,感情,影响
  • acquaintedadj. 有知识的,熟悉的,了解的 动词acquaint
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • modestadj. 谦虚的,适度的,端庄的
  • discreetadj. 谨慎的
  • offendvt. 犯罪,冒犯 vi. 令人不适,违反