经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第354期
日期:2019-03-27 10:03

(单词翻译:单击)

"Yet are you not capricious, sir?"
“你不再反反复复了,先生?”
"To women who please me only by their faces, I am the very devil when I find out they have neither souls nor hearts
“对那些光靠容貌吸引我的女人,一旦我发现她们既没有灵魂也没有良心,
when they open to me a perspective of flatness, triviality, and perhaps imbecility, coarseness, and ill-temper:
一旦她们向我展示乏味、浅薄,也许还有愚蠢、粗俗和暴躁,我便成了真正的魔鬼。
but to the clear eye and eloquent tongue, to the soul made of fire,
但是对眼明口快的,对心灵如火的,
and the character that bends but does not break -- at once supple and stable, tractable and consistent
对既柔顺而又稳重、既驯服而又坚强,可弯而不可折的性格,
I am ever tender and true."
我会永远温柔和真诚。”
"Had you ever experience of such a character, sir? Did you ever love such an one?"
“你遇到过这样的性格吗,先生?你爱上过这样的性格吗?”

经典文学《简·爱》

"I love it now."
“我现在爱它了。”
"But before me: if I, indeed, in any respect come up to your difficult standard?"
“在我以前呢,假如我真的在各方面都符合你那苛刻的标准?”
"I never met your likeness. Jane, you please me, and you master me
“我从来没有遇到过可以跟你相提并论的人,简,你使我愉快,使我倾倒,
you seem to submit, and I like the sense of pliancy you impart;
你似乎很顺从,而我喜欢你给人的能屈能伸的感觉;
and while I am twining the soft, silken skein round my finger, it sends a thrill up my arm to my heart.
我把一束柔软的丝线,绕过手指时,一阵颤栗,从我的胳膊涌向我心里。
I am influenced -- conquered; and the influence is sweeter than I can express;
我受到了感染--我被征服了。这种感染之甜蜜,不是我所能表达,
and the conquest I undergo has a witchery beyond any triumph I can win.
这种被征服感之魅力,远胜于我赢得的任何胜利。
Why do you smile, Jane? What does that inexplicable, that uncanny turn of countenance mean?"
你为什么笑了,简?你那令人费解、不可思议的表情变化,有什么含义?”

分享到
重点单词
  • impartvt. 传授,赋予,告知
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • consistentadj. 始终如一的,一致的,坚持的
  • eloquentadj. 雄辩的,有口才的,动人的
  • triumphn. 凯旋,欢欣 vi. 得胜,成功,庆功
  • stableadj. 稳定的,安定的,可靠的 n. 马厩,马棚,一批
  • tractableadj. 温顺的,易于管教的
  • uncannyadj. 神秘的,不可思议的
  • capriciousadj. 变化无常的,任性的
  • tenderadj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟