经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第340期
日期:2019-03-06 11:05

(单词翻译:单击)

"As we are!" repeated Mr. Rochester, "so," he added, enclosing me in his arms.
“本来就如此!”罗切斯特先生重复道,“所以,”他补充道,一面用胳膊把我抱住。
Gathering me to his breast, pressing his lips on my lips: "so, Jane!"
搂到怀里,把嘴唇贴到我的嘴唇上。“所以是这样,简?”
"Yes, so, sir," I rejoined: "and yet not so; for you are a married man
“是呀,所以是这样,先生,”我回答,“可是并没有这样。因为你已结了婚,
or as good as a married man, and wed to one inferior to you
或者说无异于结了婚,跟一个远不如你的人结婚,
to one with whom you have no sympathy -- whom I do not believe you truly love;
一个跟你并不意气相投的人--我才不相信你真的会爱她,
for I have seen and heard you sneer at her.
因为我看到过,也听到过你讥笑她。
I would scorn such a union: therefore I am better than you -- let me go!"
对这样的结合我会表示不屑,所以我比你强--让我走!”

经典文学《简·爱》

"Where, Jane? To Ireland?"
“上哪儿,简?去爱尔兰?”
"Yes -- to Ireland. I have spoken my mind, and can go anywhere now."
“是的--去爱尔兰。我已经把心里话都说了,现在上哪儿都行了。”
"Jane, be still; don't struggle so, like a wild frantic bird that is rending its own plumage in its desperation."
“简,平静些,别那挣扎着,像一只发疯的鸟儿,拚命撕掉自己的羽毛。”
"I am no bird; and no net ensnares me;
“我不是鸟,也没有陷入罗网。
I am a free human being with an independent will, which I now exert to leave you."
我是一个具有独立意志的自由人,现在我要行施自己的意志,离开你。”

分享到
重点单词
  • exertvt. 运用,施加(压力,影响等)
  • sneern. 冷笑,嘲笑 v. 嘲笑,冷笑
  • scornn. 轻蔑,奚落,笑柄 v. 轻蔑,鄙视,嘲弄
  • sympathyn. 同情,同情心,同感,赞同,慰问
  • franticadj. 疯狂的,狂乱的
  • inferioradj. 次等的,较低的,不如的
  • pressingadj. 紧迫的,紧急的 press的现在分词
  • independentadj. 独立的,自主的,有主见的 n. 独立派人士,无