经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第329期
日期:2019-02-20 10:32

(单词翻译:单击)

Sweet-briar and southernwood, jasmine, pink, and rose have long been yielding their evening sacrifice of incense:
多花蔷蕾、老人蒿、茉莉花、石竹花和玫瑰花早就在奉献着它们的晚香,
this new scent is neither of shrub nor flower;
刚刚飘过来的气味既不是来自灌木,也不是来自花朵,
it is -- I know it well -- it is Mr. Rochester's cigar.
但我很熟悉,它来自罗切斯特先生的雪茄。
I look round and I listen. I see trees laden with ripening fruit.
我举目四顾,侧耳静听。我看到树上沉甸甸垂着即将成熟的果子。
I hear a nightingale warbling in a wood half a mile off; no moving form is visible, no coming step audible;
我听到一只夜莺在半英里外的林子里鸣啭。我看不见移动的身影,听不到走近的脚步声,
but that perfume increases: I must flee.
但是那香气却越来越浓了:我得赶紧走掉。
I make for the wicket leading to the shrubbery, and I see Mr. Rochester entering.
我往通向灌木林的边门走去,却看见罗切斯特先生正跨进门来。

简爱

I step aside into the ivy recess; he will not stay long:
我往旁边一闪,躲进了长满长春藤的幽深处。他不会久待:
he will soon return whence he came, and if I sit still he will never see me.
他很快会顺原路返回,只要我坐着不动,他就绝不会看见我。
But no -- eventide is as pleasant to him as to me, and this antique garden as attractive; and he strolls on,
可是不行--薄暮对他来说也象对我一样可爱,古老的园子也一样诱人。他继续往前踱步,
now lifting the gooseberry-tree branches to look at the fruit, large as plums, with which they are laden;
一会儿拎起醋栗树枝,看看梅子般大压着枝头的果子;
now taking a ripe cherry from the wall;
一会儿从墙上采下一颗熟了的樱挑;
now stooping towards a knot of flowers, either to inhale their fragrance or to admire the dew-beads on their petals.
一会儿又向着一簇花弯下身子,不是闻一闻香味,就是欣赏花瓣上的露珠。
A great moth goes humming by me; it alights on a plant at Mr. Rochester's foot: he sees it, and bends to examine it.
一只大飞蛾嗡嗡地从我身旁飞过,落在罗切斯特先生脚边的花枝上,他见了便俯下身去打量。

分享到
重点单词
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • fragrancen. 香味
  • shrubn. 灌木 n. 果汁甜酒
  • recessn. 休息,幽深处,凹缝,壁龛,放假 vt. 放入壁龛,
  • knotn. 结,节 vi. 打结 vt. 把 ... 打成结,
  • audibleadj. 听得见的
  • yieldingadj. 屈从的,柔顺的,生产的
  • fleevi. 逃跑,逃走,消失,(时间)飞逝 vt. 逃避
  • mothn. 蠹,娥
  • sacrificen. 牺牲,供俸,祭品 vt. 牺牲,祭祀,贱卖 vi.