经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第338期
日期:2019-03-04 10:54

(单词翻译:单击)

In listening, I sobbed convulsively; for I could repress what I endured no longer;
我听着听着便抽抽噎噎地哭泣起来,再也抑制不住强忍住的感情,
I was obliged to yield, and I was shaken from head to foot with acute distress.
不得不任其流露了,我痛苦万分地浑身颤栗着。
When I did speak, it was only to express an impetuous wish that I had never been born, or never come to Thornfield.
到了终于开口时,我便只能表达一个冲动的愿望:但愿自己从来没有生下来,从未到过桑菲尔德。
"Because you are sorry to leave it?"
“因为要离开而难过吗?”
The vehemence of emotion, stirred by grief and love within me, was claiming mastery,
悲与爱在我内心所煽起的强烈情绪,正占上风,
and struggling for full sway, and asserting a right to predominate, to overcome,
并竭力要支配一切,压倒一切,战胜一切,
to live, rise, and reign at last: yes, -- and to speak.
要求生存、扩展和最终主宰一切,不错--还要求吐露出来。

经典文学《简·爱》

"I grieve to leave Thornfield: I love Thornfield:
“离开桑菲尔德我很伤心,我爱桑菲尔德:
I love it, because I have lived in it a full and delightful life, momentarily at least.
我爱它是因为我在这里过着充实而愉快的生活--至少有一段时间。
I have not been trampled on. I have not been petrified.
我没有遭人践踏,也没有弄得古板僵化。
I have not been buried with inferior minds,
没有混迹于志向低下的人之中,
and excluded from every glimpse of communion with what is bright and energetic and high.
也没有被排斥在同光明、健康、高尚的心灵交往的一切机会之外。
I have talked, face to face, with what I reverence, with what I delight in, with an original, a vigorous, an expanded mind.
我已面对面同我所敬重的人、同我所喜欢的人,同一个独特、活跃、博大的心灵交谈过。
I have known you, Mr. Rochester; and it strikes me with terror and anguish to feel I absolutely must be torn from you for ever.
我已经熟悉你,罗切斯特先生,硬要让我永远同你分开,使我感到恐惧和痛苦。
I see the necessity of departure; and it is like looking on the necessity of death."
我看到非分别不可,就像看到非死不可一样。”

分享到
重点单词
  • reverencen. 敬畏,尊敬,尊严 v. 尊敬,敬畏,崇敬 Reve
  • overcomevt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了 vi. 获
  • grievev. 使 ... 悲伤
  • distressn. 痛苦,苦恼,不幸 vt. 使痛苦,使苦恼 a
  • impetuousadj. 冲动的,猛烈的,轻率的
  • griefn. 悲痛,忧伤
  • delightn. 高兴,快乐 v. (使)高兴,(使)欣喜
  • originaladj. 最初的,原始的,有独创性的,原版的 n. 原件
  • necessityn. 需要,必需品,必然
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地