经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第298期
日期:2018-12-19 10:37

(单词翻译:单击)

Bessie now endeavoured to persuade her to take a sedative draught.
此刻,贝茜竭力劝她服用镇静剂,费了好大劲才说服她。
She succeeded with difficulty.
里德太太很快镇静下来了。
Soon after, Mrs. Reed grew more composed, and sank into a dozing state. I then left her.
陷入了昏睡状态,随后我便离开了她。
More than ten days elapsed before I had again any conversation with her.
十多天过去了我才再次同她交谈。
She continued either delirious or lethargic.
她仍旧昏迷不醒或是恹恹无力。
And the doctor forbade everything which could painfully excite her.
医生禁止一切会痛苦地使她激动的事情。
Meantime, I got on as well as I could with Georgiana and Eliza.
同时,我尽力跟乔治亚娜和伊丽莎处好关系。
They were very cold, indeed, at first.
说实在她们起初十分冷淡。
Eliza would sit half the day sewing, reading, or writing, and scarcely utter a word either to me or her sister.
伊丽莎会老半天坐着,缝呀,读呀,写呀,对我或是她妹妹不吭一声。

经典名著 简爱

Georgiana would chatter nonsense to her canary bird by the hour, and take no notice of me.
这时候乔治亚娜会对着她的金丝雀胡说一通,而不理睬我。
But I was determined not to seem at a loss for occupation or amusement.
但我决计不显出无所事事,或是不知如何消磨时光的样子。
I had brought my drawing materials with me, and they served me for both.
我带来了绘画工具,既使自己有事可做,又有了消遣。
Provided with a case of pencils, and some sheets of paper, I used to take a seat apart from them, near the window,
我拿了画笔和画纸,远离她们,在一个靠窗的地方坐下,
and busy myself in sketching fancy vignettes,
忙乎着画一些幻想的人头象,
representing any scene that happened momentarily to shape itself in the ever-shifting kaleidoscope of imagination,
表现瞬息万变万花筒似的想象世界中刹那间出现的景象。
a glimpse of sea between two rocks, the rising moon, and a ship crossing its disk, a group of reeds and water-flags,
例如,两块岩石之间的一片大海,初升的月亮,横穿月亮的一条船,一丛芦苇和景象,
and a naiad's head, crowned with lotus-flowers, rising out of them,
一个仙女头戴荷花从中探出头来,
an elf sitting in a hedge-sparrow's nest, under a wreath of hawthorn-bloom.
一个小精灵坐在一圈山楂花下的篱雀窝里。
One morning I fell to sketching a face.
一天早晨,我开始画一张脸。

分享到
重点单词
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • lethargicadj. 昏睡的,困倦的,冷淡的
  • sedativeadj. 使安静的,使镇静的 n. 镇静剂,能使安静的东
  • conversationn. 会话,谈话
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • amusementn. 娱乐,消遣
  • reedn. 芦苇,芦笛,簧片 Reed:里德(姓氏)
  • utteradj. 全然的,绝对,完全 v. 发出,作声,发表
  • chattern. 饶舌,啁啾,喋喋不休地谈,(小溪的)潺潺流水声,(
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的