经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第323期
日期:2019-02-12 11:00

(单词翻译:单击)

He did not leave the stile, and I hardly liked to ask to go by.
他没有离开石阶,我很不情愿要求他让路。
I inquired soon if he had not been to London.
我立刻问他是不是去过伦敦了。
"Yes; I suppose you found that out by second-sight."
“去了,我想你再看一眼就看出来了。”
"Mrs. Fairfax told me in a letter."
“费尔法克斯太太在一封信里告诉我了。”
"And did she inform you what I went to do?"
“她告诉你我去干什么了吗?”
"Oh, yes, sir! Everybody knew your errand."
“呵,是的,先生!人人都知道你的伦敦之行。”

经典文学《简·爱》

"You must see the carriage, Jane, and tell me if you don't think it will suit Mrs. Rochester exactly;
“你得看一看马车,简,告诉我是不是你认为它完全适合罗切斯特太太。
and whether she won't look like Queen Boadicea, leaning back against those purple cushions.
她靠在紫色的软垫上,看上去像不像波狄西亚女王。
I wish, Jane, I were a trifle better adapted to match with her externally.
简,但愿我在外貌上同她更般配一点。
Tell me now, fairy as you are -- can't you give me a charm,
你是个小精灵,那现在你就告诉我--能不能给我一种魔力,
or a philter, or something of that sort, to make me a handsome man?"
或者有魔力的药,或是某种类似的东西,使我变成一个英俊的男子?”
"It would be past the power of magic, sir;" and, in thought, I added,
“这不是魔力所能为的,先生,”我心里又补充道,
"A loving eye is all the charm needed: to such you are handsome enough;
“一个亲切的眼神是最需要的魔力:由此看来,你已经够漂亮了,
or rather your sternness has a power beyond beauty."
或者不如说,你严厉的神情具有一种超越美的力量。”

分享到