Hold Down A Job 好好从事一项工作
日期:2018-11-29 16:11

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

Welcome to English @ the Movies, where we teach you American English heard at the movies.
欢迎来到《看电影学英语》节目,我们在这里教授你在电影中听到的美式英语。
At the beginning of Ocean's 8, Debbie Ocean is in prison.
在电影《瞒天过海:美人计》的开头,黛比·奥逊身在狱中。
She says she is sorry for her crime and promises not to do it again.
她说她对自己的罪行感到后悔,并保证不会再犯。
Do you believe her?
你相信她吗?
Listen for the phrase "hold down a job".
留意听一下hold down a job这个短语。
Good afternoon, Ms. Ocean. As you know, parole is a privilege.
下午好,奥逊女士。你也知道,假释是一项特权。
It was a mistake, but it happened.
那是个错误,但是已经发生了。
And if I were to be released, I would... I would just want the simple life.
如果能被释放,我会...我只想要过简单的生活。
I just wanna hold down a job, make some friends.
我只想好好从事一项工作,再交些朋友。
You know, pay my bills.
还得起我的账单。

电影《瞒天过海:美人计》

So what do you think "hold down a job" means?
那么你认为“hold down a job”是什么意思呢?
Is it: own a jewelry business or be a dependable worker?
是拥有一家珠宝企业还是成为一名可靠的员工?
Listen again, did you have the right answer?
再听一遍,你答对了吗?
I would just want the simple life.
我只想要过简单的生活。
I just wanna hold down a job, make some friends.
我只想好好从事一项工作,再交些朋友。
You know, pay my bills.
还得起我的账单。
"Hold down a job" means "be a dependable worker".
“Hold down a job”意为“成为一名可靠的员工”。
But in truth, Debbie Ocean has another idea to make money.
但事实上,对于赚钱,黛比·奥逊另有打算。
She and her friends plan to steal a costly piece of jewelry at a very fancy party in New York city.
她和朋友们计划在纽约的一个盛大聚会上偷走一件价值不菲的珠宝。
And that is English @ the Movies.
以上就是今天的《看电影学英语》。

分享到
重点单词
  • jewelryn. 珠宝,珠宝类
  • costlyadj. 昂贵的,代价高的
  • dependableadj. 可靠的,可信赖的
  • privilegen. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸 vt. 给特权,免
  • phrasen. 短语,习语,个人风格,乐句 vt. 措词表达,将(