(单词翻译:单击)
"Hi, can I help you?" she said to Uncle Jeff. I could tell that he was just as surprised by her beauty as I was.
“嗨,有什么我能帮忙的吗?”她对杰夫叔叔说 。我看得出来,杰夫叔叔和我一样惊讶于她的美貌 。
"I'm looking for Diana Marcelo," he said.
“我在找戴安娜·马塞洛,”他说 。
"That's me. What can I do for you?" she asked.
“就是我,找我有什么事吗?她问道 。
Uncle Jeff introduced himself.
杰夫叔叔做了一个自我介绍 。
"You're Jeff McQueen, the Jeff McQueen?" she asked.
“你是杰夫·麦奎因,那个杰夫·麦奎因?”她问道 。
"I'm very happy to meet you.
“很高兴见到你 。”
I read your last novel and I loved it. I'm honored to meet you."
我读了你的上一部小说,很喜欢,很荣幸认识你 。”
Uncle Jeff was always embarrassed when people praised him about his books.
自己的书被人称赞时,杰夫叔叔总是一副尴尬的表情 。
He didn't like to talk about them.
他不喜欢谈论自己的作品 。
He said quietly, "Thank you. Could we go inside and talk?"
他平静地说道:“谢谢你,我们能进去谈谈吗?”
Professor Marcelo looked confused, but she led us through the front door of her house.
马塞洛教授看上去很困惑,但她带我们穿过前门 。
We stepped into the living room and she sat down on a chair.
我们走进客厅,马塞洛教授坐在一张椅子上 。
She waved for us to do the same.
她挥手让我们也坐下来 。
"I am very happy to meet you, but what is this all about?" she asked, looking first at Uncle Jeff and then at me.
“很高兴见到你,但发生了什么事?”她问道,先看看杰夫叔叔,再看看我 。
"The reason we're here is that we need your help," Uncle Jeff began.
“我们来这里是因为我们需要你的帮助,”杰夫叔叔开始说 。
"Yesterday afternoon, Alan Maurie was found murdered."
“昨天下午,艾伦·毛里被人谋杀了 。”
"What?" Professor Marcelo said, surprised.
“什么?”马塞洛教授惊讶地说道 。