(单词翻译:单击)
She puts "down the remote."
她放下“遥控器” 。
The remote, "remote," is the same as the remote control,
遥控器,“遥控”意思是远程控制,
and that's the little thing you use to change channels
你用它来换频道 。
- to flip through the channels, means the same thing, to change channels - to flip through.
——同样,浏览频道,就是换频道 。
It's also what you use to increase the volume - make it louder - or decrease the volume -make it quieter.
你也可以用遥控器来增加音量——让声音大一点——或者降低音量——让声音小一点 。
This is called a remote control.
这就是远程遥控 。
Sometimes we just call it a remote.
有时候我们只把它叫作遥控 。
In my house, for example, if I'm watching television, I have to have the remote control.
举个例子,在我家里,如果我正在看电视,我必须得有遥控器 。
If my wife has the remote, it drives me crazy!
如果我妻子拿着遥控器,我会疯掉 。
Back to Lucy, Lucy says that she picks "up a magazine" and she thumbs"through it."
回到露西这,露西说她拿起一本杂志,翻阅 。
To thumb through, "thumb" through (two words) means to look at a magazine or a newspaper,
翻阅,意味着看一本杂志或者一份报纸,
but you're not looking at it very closely.
但并没有很仔细地看 。
It's sort of like flipping through the channels.
有点像浏览电视频道 。
You're flipping through, or thumbing through, the magazine to see what stories are in it or what pictures are in it.
你浏览或者翻阅杂志,看看里面有什么故事或者有什么的图片 。