哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第318期
日期:2018-05-14 12:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

'Waterloo', with the same fixed details, spells a 'victory' for an Englishman; for a Frenchman it spells 'defeat'.
同一个滑铁卢之战,具体情节绝无二致,而英国人看来是“胜利”;法国人看来是“失败”
So, for an optimist philosopher the universe spells victory, for a pessimist, defeat.
同样,宇宙也如此,乐观主义者看作是胜利,悲观主义者看作是失败
What we say about reality thus depends on the perspective into which we throw it."
我们对现实抱有怎样说法全看我们怎么给他配景"
William James said these back in 1890, understanding how we co-create our reality.
这是威廉·詹姆斯在1890年说的,理解我们如何共同创造现实
Here is one of my... one of my favorite poems by R.L. Sharpe:
这是我最喜欢的夏普的诗
Isn't it strange, how princes and kings, and clowns that caper in sawdust rings,
“是不是很奇怪,王子和国王,在木屑圈里跳来跳去的小丑
and common-people like you and me, are builders for eternity?
一如你我的凡人怎么会是永恒的打造者
scene

each is given a list of rules, a shapeless mass and a bag of tools;
人人都拿到了一份规则表,一大块不成形的东西,一袋工具
and each must fashion your life is flown, a stumbling block or a stepping stone.
在生命流逝之前,人人都必须雕出,一块绊脚石,或是一块垫脚石“
Very often what we get in the beginning is a large piece of stone. What do we do with it?
经常我们在开始得到的东西。是一大块石头,我们怎么办?
Do we create it into a beautiful "David"?
我们把它凿成漂亮的“大卫”
Chipping away the excess stone?
凿碎多余的石头
Or, is it a barrier to our success?
或者它只是我们通往成功的障碍
And very often it is up to us, as we co-create our reality.
通常这是由我们决定的,因为我们共创现实
The stone is there, we are not responsible for it; but what we do with it, we are responsible for.
石头就在那,我们不用负责;但我们用它做什么,我们要负责

课程简介和演讲视频

课程简介:

我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


分享到
重点单词
  • sawdustn. 锯屑
  • massn. 块,大量,众多 adj. 群众的,大规模的 v.
  • defeatn. 败北,挫败 vt. 战胜,击败
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • blockn. 街区,木块,石块 n. 阻塞(物), 障碍(物)
  • shapelessadj. 无形状的,不象样的
  • excessn. 过量,超过,过剩 adj. 过量的,额外的
  • pessimistn. 悲观主义者
  • barriern. 界线,屏障,栅栏,障碍物
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的