埃及又有大发现
日期:2018-02-13 07:53

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

During the late Mesozoic period, this long-necked grazer wandered through what was then a coastal jungle.
在中生代晚期,这种长颈食草动物漫步在当时的沿海丛林中。
That's not what it was in 2013 when Dr. Hesham Sallam and his team of graduate students began surveying the area.
而2013年却是另外一番景象,当时哈希姆·萨拉姆博士和他的研究生团队开始对这一地区进行勘查。
So I told them to spread out, so we can cover as much space as possible.
我让他们散开勘查,这样就能覆盖尽可能多的地方。
And we found one of the team members started calling her colleagues, saying I found a lot of bones.
其中一名队员向她的同事叫嚷道,我发现了许多骨头。
She even called me on the phone because I was about two kilometres away from her.
她甚至打电话给我,因为当时我离她大约两公里远。
And she told me Doctor, there are a lot of bones. Come and see them.
她告诉我说教授,这里有很多骨头,快来看。
So I went and I saw that it was a partial skeleton of a dinosaur. That for us was a very big thing.
然后我发现那是恐龙的骨头,这对我们来说意义重大。

find.jpg

The team carefully excavated the jaw bons, leg bones and other fossils
之后又挖掘了下颌骨,腿骨和其他化石,
and brought them to Mansoura University's Vertebrate Paleontology Center.
并将它们带到曼苏拉大学的脊椎古生物中心。
The partial skeleton suggests the dinosaur's anatomy was similar to European giants of the same period,
通过这些骨骼可知,它的结构与同期欧洲巨型生物类似,
which counters theories that African dinosaurs were completely isolated during the late Mesozoic.
这与非洲恐龙在中生代晚期与外界完全隔离的理论矛盾。
Researchers hope more finds wait under the sand.
研究人员希望能在沙漠中有更多发现。
We know that for sure that these dinosaurs of course have something that eats them.
可以确定的是,这些恐龙一定有天敌。
As in any ecosystem, if we went to the jungle, we will find a lion and a giraffe. So we found the giraffe.
和任何生态系统一样,就像我们会在丛林中发现狮子和长颈鹿,我们找到了长颈鹿。
Where's the lion? That is what we are going to look for now.
而狮子在哪?这是我们要寻找的。
The giraffe has been named Mansourasaurus Shahinae after the team's university and one of the paleontology department's founders.
这种“长颈鹿”被命名为曼苏拉·萨萨沙纳,以该小组所在大学和其中一位古生物学系创始人名字命名。
I'm Faith Lapidus VOA news.
VOA新闻,法斯·拉皮德斯报道。

分享到