哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第187期
日期:2017-03-15 11:18

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I'd like to introduce a representative from "Teach for America"
我想介绍一位来自"为美国而教"的代表
which is an organization that has done and is doing a lot of good,
这个组织一直致力于做好事
promoting goodness in the world and I'd like to
在世界上宣扬善,我想…
in 1504, we've been supporting them for the last 2 years and we'd like to continue to do that.
这门课,过去两年一直向他们提供支持我们希望继续下去
So please. Hello. Can you hear me?
有请。大家好,能听到吗?
Thank you so much for this. I will take 90 seconds.
非常感谢。我只占用90秒
My name is Josh Bieber. Alright. I feel positive.
我叫Josh Bieber。好的,我感觉很好
I was a Teacher for America Corp member and I now work for TFA.
我是为美国而教的成员,现在为组织工作
I do new site development.
负责新址开展
So when I was a senior, I had marginally considered this is an option.
大四时我勉强认为这是个机会
I had a napping for a very pushy phone call from a very pushy TFA recruiter on the deadline day I would not apply.
招聘到期日,固执的组织招募人员打来电话,听电话时我差点睡着我本不会应聘
But I hesitantly took two hours to fill that essays and now owe her for or owe that phone call for
但我还是磨蹭了两小时完成短文多亏那个打来电话的人
the best two years of my life and truly the happiest.
这是我人生最美好,最快乐的两年
So if I have 60 seconds, there are just two things that I want people to know about TFA.
请再给我一分钟希望大家对组织有两个了解
I think you know what we are.
我想你们知道组织的目的
One, is that this country does not serve all kids in our schools fairly.
一是这个国家对学校里的孩子们的教育是不平等的
So low-income kids before they even leave elementary school are years behind where they should be.
低收入孩子在离开小学前已落后多年
And nearly not even a half of them graduate high school, which is like, a terrible injustice, a complete injustice.
其中不到一半能高中毕业这非常不公正完全的不公正
Two, you can actually make a difference.
二,你们能带来改变

课程简介和演讲视频

课程简介

哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》.jpg
我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?

他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


分享到
重点单词
  • marginallyadv. 在边上,边际地 形容词marginal的副词形
  • optionn. 选择权,可选物,优先购买权 v. 给予选择
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • representativeadj. 代表性的,代议制的,典型的 n. 代表,众议员
  • elementaryadj. 基本的,初级的,元素的