经典文学《简·爱》(MP3+中英字幕) 第159期
日期:2016-12-26 13:44

(单词翻译:单击)

The hiss of the quenched element, the breakage of a pitcher which I flung from my hand when I had emptied it,
被浇灭的火焰发出的丝丝声,我倒完水随手扔掉的水罐的破裂声,
and, above all, the splash of the shower-bath I had liberally bestowed, roused Mr. Rochester at last.
尤其是我慷慨赐予的淋浴的哗啦声,最后终于把罗切斯特先生惊醒了。
Though it was now dark, I knew he was awake.
尽管此刻漆黑一片,但我知道他醒了。
Because I heard him fulminating strange anathemas at finding himself lying in a pool of water.
因为我听见他一发现自己躺在水潭之中,便发出了奇怪的咒骂声。
"Is there a flood?" he cried.
"发大水了吗?"他叫道。
"No, sir," I answered, "but there has been a fire.
"没有,先生,"我回答,"不过发生了一场火灾,
Get up, do. You are quenched now. I will fetch you a candle."
起来吧,一定得起来,现在你湿透了,我去给你拿支蜡烛来。"

经典文学《简·爱》

"In the name of all the elves in Christendom, is that Jane Eyre?" he demanded.
"基督世界所有精灵在上,那是简·爱吗?"他问。
What have you done with me, witch, sorceress?
你怎么摆弄我啦,女巫,妖婆。
Who is in the room besides you?
除了你,房间里还有谁。
Have you plotted to drown me?
你耍了阴谋要把我淹死吗?
I will fetch you a candle, sir, and, in Heaven's name, get up.
我去给你拿支蜡烛,先生,皇天在上,快起来吧。
Somebody has plotted something.
有人捣鬼。
You cannot too soon find out who and what it is.
你不可能马上弄清楚是谁干的,究竟怎么回事。
There! I am up now.
瞧!现在我起来了。
But at your peril you fetch a candle yet.
不过你冒一下险去取一支蜡烛来。
Wait two minutes till I get into some dry garments, if any dry there be.
等我两分钟,让我穿上件干外衣,要是还有什么干衣服的话。
Yes, here is my dressing-gown. Now run!
不错,这是我的晨衣,现在你快跑!
I did run. I brought the candle which still remained in the gallery.
我确实跑了,取了仍然留在走廊上的蜡烛。
He took it from my hand, held it up, and surveyed the bed,
他从我手里把把蜡烛拿走,举得高高的,仔细察看着床铺,
all blackened and scorched, the sheets drenched, the carpet round swimming in water.
只见一片焦黑,床单湿透了,周围的地毯浸在水中。
"What is it? And who did it?" he asked.
"怎么回事?谁干的?"他问。
I briefly related to him what had transpired.
我简要地向他叙述了一下事情的经过。
The strange laugh I had heard in the gallery.
我在走廊上听到的奇怪笑声。
The step ascending to the third storey.
登上三楼去的脚步。
The smoke, the smell of fire which had conducted me to his room.
还有那烟雾 — 那火烧味如何把我引到了他的房间。

分享到