TED十佳演讲之感动重临 献给欺凌的受害者(4)
日期:2016-11-28 15:50

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

When I was a kid, I used to think that pork chops and karate chops were the same thing.
当我是小孩子的时候,我曾经认为“猪排骨”和“空手劈”是一样的。
I thought they were both pork chops.
我以为它们都是猪排的意思。
And because my grandmother thought it was cute,
而我的奶奶觉得我这样很可爱,
and because they were my favorite, she let me keep doing it.
而因为我喜欢这些,所以她并没有纠正我。
Not really a big deal. One day, before I realized fat kids are not designed to climb trees,
这也不是什么大事。有一天我去爬树,我才知道胖子是不适合爬树的,
I fell out of a tree and bruised the right side of my body.
我从树上摔了下来,身体的右侧擦伤了。
I didn't want to tell my grandmother about it
我不想告诉我的奶奶,我怕惹麻烦,
because I was scared I'd get in trouble for playing somewhere I shouldn't have been.
因为本来去我那个地方玩就被认为是不应该的。

献给欺凌的受害者

A few days later, the gym teacher noticed the bruise, and I got sent to the principal's office.
几天之后,体育老师发现了我身上的伤痕,我被带到了校长办公室,
From there, I was sent to another small room
然后又从那里被转到一个小房间,
with a really nice lady who asked me all kinds of questions about my life at home.
一个很和蔼的女士问了我很多家里的事情。
I saw no reason to lie. As far as I was concerned, life was pretty good.
我实话实说。当时我感觉这一切都还蛮好的。
I told her, whenever I'm sad, my grandmother gives me karate chops.
我告诉她,每当我不开心的时候,我的奶奶就会给我“空手劈”。
This led to a full-scale investigation, and I was removed from the house for three days,
这引发了一次全面的(反虐待儿童)调查。我被从家里转移出来,被托管了三天,
until they finally decided to ask how I got the bruises.
直到他们问起我身上的淤青是怎么来的。
News of this silly little story quickly spread through the school,
这个愚蠢的故事很快就在学校传开了,
and I earned my first nickname: Porkchop. To this day, I hate pork chops.
我有了第一个外号:“猪排”。时至今日,我都讨厌听到“猪排”这个词。
I'm not the only kid who grew up this way,
很多小孩的成长环境都跟我相似,
surrounded by people who used to say that rhyme about sticks and stones,
周围都是一些成天舞刀弄枪欺负别人的人,
as if broken bones hurt more than the names we got called, and we got called them all.
仿佛肉体的伤痛比侮辱的外号带给我们的痛苦更多,而我们同时感受到了这些痛苦。

视频及简介

演讲简介

俏皮和欢快之后,诗人谢恩·科伊赞将我们带入了另一种孩童时代的成长经历。“时至今日”。他朗诵的诗歌开始触及恃强凌弱的行为。这段由80位动画师集体创作的病毒视频吸引了几百万人的观看。在这里,他重温了这段动画背后的故事。背景音乐小提琴独奏由汉娜·埃珀森女士演奏。


分享到