早安英文(MP3+文本) 第147期:美剧「广告狂人」经典段落赏析:喜来登篇
日期:2016-10-26 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

英语学习笔记:
This was very, very different.
这个非常,非常的不同
I think we’re not selling a geographical location. We’re selling an experience.
我认为我们的卖点不是地理位置,而是一段经历
It’s not just a different place, you are different
不只是地点不同,人也会不同
And you’d think there’d be an unsettling feeling about something so drastically different but there’s something else.
你以为对于截然不同的事物,会有种不确定的感觉。但还有一些其他的。
geographical location 地理位置
You don’t miss anything. You’re not homesick.
你没错过任何东西,你不会想家。
It puts you in this state. The air and the water are all the same temperature as your body.
它会让你进入这种状态。空气,水 都和你的身体同一温度。
It’s sensory——the music, the fragrance, the breeze, and the blue.
是可以被感知的存在——音乐,香气,微风,蓝天。
homesick 思乡
the blue 蓝天
Hawaiian legend has it that the soul can go in and out of the body.
夏威夷传说中提到过灵魂可以进出身体
but that it usually leaves from a leeward point into the waves.
但通常都是随着风儿飘向海岸
“Hawaii. The jumping off point.”
”夏威夷,新起点“
leeward 背风面
jumping off point
a point from which to start a journey or activity. an idea, example, or piece of information that is used to begin a process or activity.
新的起点,转折点
So what happened to him?
那他怎么了?
He got off the plane, took a deep breath, shed his skin, and jumped off.
他下了飞机,深呼吸,脱掉了衣服,跳下去了。
shed v. 脱
in the shot
shot 镜头
Anyone can do that.
任何人都能那么拍
I don’t agree.
我不同意
Well, there’s no reason we can’t tilt the camera up 45 degrees.
没有任何理由不能把摄像机倾斜45度
and see the husk of our city dweller on the sand
拍摄沙滩上居民。
and an arm of the hotel and Diamond Head in the background.
还可以把酒店的一部分喝戴蒙德火山放在背景里。
tilt v. 倾斜,翘起
city dweller 居民
So there would be a man in this photo and most likely would be naked?
画面里还要有个男人,很大可能还会裸体
Actually, my first thought is there is no man. Just his footprints. What happened to him?
事实上,我最初的想法是没有人在里面。只有他的脚印,他怎么了?
I think, and I think people might think, that he died.
我认为,而且我觉得人们或许会认为,他死了。
Maybe he did and he went to heaven. Maybe that’s what this feels like.
或许是吧,或许他死了。或许要的就是这种感觉。
It’s a little morbid.
有点恐怖。
morbid adj. 恐怖的; 病态的
Well, heaven’s a little morbid. How do you get to heaven? Something terrible has to happen.
天堂是有点恐怖。你要怎么去到天堂?一定是发生了可怕的事情。
We don’t want that in the ad.
我们不想要这样的广告。
ad是advertisement的缩写,也可以写作 commercial ,都是广告的意思

更多实用有趣节目 搜索微博微信:早安英文

分享到
重点单词
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • tiltvt. (使)倾斜 vi. 抨击,争论 n. 以全速,倾
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • morbidadj. 病态的,不正常的
  • commercialadj. 商业的 n. 商业广告
  • temperaturen. 温度,气温,体温,发烧
  • fragrancen. 香味
  • dwellern. 居民
  • shedn. 车棚,小屋,脱落物 vt. 使 ... 流出,散发
  • unsettlingadj. 使人不安的;(消息)扰乱的 v. 动乱不定;心