英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第129期:租房,活力小公寓(2)
日期:2015-07-16 08:55

(单词翻译:单击)

拥有一个临时住所你最看重的条件是什么?房租价格?户型格局?交通便利?隔壁邻居?租房有没有遇到过有趣/囧事?话说现在租房也不便宜哦,以北京为例,房租也是涨涨涨!毕业租房的孩纸,租房真真是你独立的开始!

Dialogue:

Xiao Gao: Time really flies! I can't believe I've been at my new place for two weeks now.
小高:真是时光飞逝啊,简直不敢相信,我已经搬到新地方两个星期了。
Jingjing: So… how's your apartment holding up?
京晶:那么,你的新公寓怎么样?
Xiao Gao: It's great,except that my neighbors make a ruckus every night. It's hard to fall asleep.
小高:非常好,就是我的邻居每天晚上都制造噪音,让人难以入睡。
Jingjing: Maybe you can raise a stink to the landlord?
京晶:或许你可以跟房东投诉。
Xiao Gao: I'm hoping they will quiet down in a few days.
小高:我希望几天之后他们就能安静下来。
Jingjing: The sooner, the better. You should say something now, don't let the grass grow under your feet.
京晶:你现在就应该说点儿什么,越快越好,不要任其发展。
Xiao Gao: Okay, I'll talk to my landlord today then.
小高:好的,我今天就跟房东说。
Jingjing: Attaboy.
京晶:好样的。

习语短语
1. Time flies. =时间飞逝。
2. How's something holding up?= 某事进展得怎么样?
3. make a ruckus = 吵闹,制造噪音
4. raise a stink = 投诉
5. quiet down = 安静下来
6. The sooner, the better. = 越早越好。
7. Don't let the grass growunder your feet. = 别拖拖拉拉;别浪费时间。
8. attaboy = 好样的;好小子(attagirl 好样的姑娘)

分享到