(单词翻译:单击)
1、It's rainning cats and dogs
瓢泼大雨
Every spring in Hangzhou there are many days when it’s raining cats & dogs
2、It’s entirely up to you
这完全取决于你的决定
It’s up to you
决定权在你,你决定吧
Where would you like to eat for dinner tonight?
“It’s up to you”
3、Whatever you like
随便你
What movie shall I put on for us today?
Whatever you like, I’m easy.
4、Try not to
尽量不要
When you’re cooking dinner try not to forget to put the rice on
5、as far as possible
尽最大可能
As far as possible let’s try to leave on time. We’re always late!
6、tiny bit
非常
As everyone has probably heard, In the English sense of humor people often say the opposite of what they mean to say something but add some humor to it. For example: If you think something is very ugly, you might often say, wow, I’ve never seen such a beautiful something.
大家知道英式幽默中很重要的成分是说反话,比如你的意思是这个东西很丑你就会用调侃的语气说:哇~还会有比这更漂亮的东西吗?
After Watson arrived on the crime scene carrying the laptop for Sherlock he said: You realize this is a tiny bit humiliating. Here he mean’s it’s very humiliating, so he’s feeling embarrassed.
后来华生到达案发现场时和卷福无线视频时他说You realize this is a tiny bit humiliating,在这里他就用tiny bit 表示非常的意思.
7、there is no point in doing something
做某事没意义,没必要做某事
There’s no point in my wearing nice clothes today, I need to paint the walls.
There’s no point in watering the flowers today, it’s going to rain tomorrow.”
8、hardly
几乎不,根本不
You can hardly blame me for not washing the clothes, I’ve been busy all day.
9、hardly ever do something
很少做某事,完全不做某事
I hardly ever go to the beach, and it’s just too far away