双语美文之那些似水流年 第25期:月升魅无穷(1)
日期:2014-03-26 16:42

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

There is a hill near my home that I often climb at night.
在我家的附近有座小山, 我常在晚间爬上山去。
The noise of the city is a far-off murmur.
此时,城市的喧嚣成了遥远的低语。
In the hush of dark I share the cheerfulness of crickets and the confidence of owls.
在这黑夜的静谧中,我尽情地分享蟋蟀的欢乐,感受猫头鹰的自信。
But it is the drama of the moonrise that I come to see.
不过,我上山是来看月出的。


For that restores in me a quiet and clarity that the city spends too freely.
因为这可以让我的内心重新感到被城市消耗殆尽的平静与清新。
From this hill I have watched many moons rise.
在这座山上,我欣赏过许多次月亮升起的景象。
Each one had its own mood.
每一次月的姿容性情都不同。
There have been broad, confident harvest moons in autumn;
秋天,满月如轮,充满自信;
shy, misty moons in spring;
春天,月亮清雾迷蒙羞羞答答;
lonely, winter moons rising into the utter silence of an ink-black sky and smoke-smudged orange moons over the dry fields of summer.
冬天,银白色的月亮挂在漆黑的、悄无声息的夜空中,显得那样孤寂;夏天,桔黄色的月似被烟尘笼罩,俯瞰干燥的田野。
Each, like fine music, excited my heart and then calmed my soul.
每一种月亮,都像美妙的音乐,颤动我的心灵,令我的灵魂平静。
作者介绍
彼得·斯坦哈特

美国自然主义作家、艺术家,曾连续12年担任美国《奥杜邦杂志》(Audubon Magazine)的编辑和专栏作家。该杂志是美国国内影响力极大的群众性环保组织—奥杜邦协会出版发行的一份杂志,该协会致力于促进鸟类学研究。彼得·斯坦哈特的文章多次出现在《纽约时报》(the New York Times)和《洛杉矶时报》(the Los Angeles Times)等多家报刊杂志上。他还曾两次入围美国国家杂志奖(National Magazine Award)。他的散文优美清新,给人以美的享受。至今,他已出版了多本书籍,其中有The Company of Wolves、Undressed Art: Why We Draw等。目前他居住在美国加利福尼亚州西部的帕拉托(Palo Alto)市,在写作的同时还从事绘画创作。

词语解释

1.restore 归还;交还;使恢复

You can also restore default modifier key settings.
您也可以恢复默认修饰键设置。

With whom do you need to restore fellowship?
在有谁你需要去修复关系?

2.misty 多雾的,被雾笼罩的;模糊的

Try to capture a glowing misty morning, making for stunning and ethereal fall scenes.
尝试去捕捉容光焕发的雾蒙蒙的清晨,拍出美丽缥缈的秋日风景。

All the lamps were soft and misty and made a very tiny circle of light.
所有的落地灯都只有一小圈柔和模糊的光。

3.ridge n.背脊,峰,隆起线;山脊,山脉

How fast is the new supercomputer at oak ridge national laboratory?
橡树岭国家实验室的新一代超级计算机到底有多快?

The idea inspired two other schools on the pine ridge reservation to publish their own papers.
这个想法启发了松树岭保留地的另两所学校也发行自己的报纸。

4.shrill 尖叫

Neither the shrill nor the sanguine arguments can be dismissed out of hand.
不论是尖锐的或者是乐观的言论都不能直接予以驳斥。

What is new is that they are gaining traction beyond a shrill nativist minority.
新鲜的是他们获得的支持不再局限于少数尖锐的本土主义者。

分享到
重点单词
  • hushn. 肃静,安静,沉默 vi. 安静下来,掩饰 vt.
  • clarityn. 清楚,透明
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • circlen. 圈子,圆周,循环 v. 环绕,盘旋,包围
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • oakn. 橡树,橡木
  • pinen. 松树,松木 vi. 消瘦,憔悴,渴望
  • restorevt. 恢复,修复,使复原
  • ridgen. 脊,山脊,山脉
  • mistyadj. 有雾的,模糊的,含糊的