听歌学英语:你想对多年前的自己说什么?Seven Years
日期:2022-04-06 21:25

(单词翻译:单击)

7年的时间,我们可以做什么呢?今天给大家推荐的是来自于Conor Maynard的《Seven Years》。成长的过程其实并不是在告别谁,而是告别自己的某一部分,终有一天,我们会学会接纳眼下的时时刻刻,可以勇敢冒险,也可以安稳享受平凡,你想对多年前的自己想说些什么呢?本期主播:小C姐(主播微信公众号:小C微英语)

Once I was seven years old my momma told me

那年我七岁 妈妈就对我说

Go make yourself some friends or you'll be lonely

去交些朋友 不然你会孤独寂寞

Once I was seven years old

那年我七岁

It was a big big world but we thought we were bigger

这个辽阔的大千世界 总以为我们也会变得更加强大

Pushing each other to the limits we were learning quicker

将彼此逼到绝境 我们得以更快的成长

By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor

十一岁那年 我吸烟 喝烈性酒

Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

生活捉襟见肘 我们离家奋斗只为有个稳定收入

Once I was eleven years old my daddy told me

十一岁那年 爸爸对我说

Go get yourself a wife or you'll be lonely

给自己找个妻子 否则你会空虚寂寞

Once I was eleven years old

那年我十一岁

I always had that dream like my daddy before me

我常梦想着有朝一日能像爸爸一样成为一个歌手

So I started writing songs I started writing stories

所以我开始写歌 开始写不同的故事

Something about the glory always seemed to bore me

曾经的光辉岁月 对我来说也已厌倦

Cause only those I really love will ever really know me

因为只有那些我真正爱的人才真的懂我

Once I was 20 years old my story got told

二十岁那年 我的故事广为流传

Before the morning sun when life was lonely

黎明还未照耀前 孤独的我无人相伴

Once I was 20 years old

那年我二十岁

主播微信公众号:小C微英语

抖音:198211980


Pushing each other to the limits we were learning quicker

将彼此逼到绝境 我们得以更快的成长

By eleven smoking herb and drinking burning liquor

十一岁那年 我吸烟 喝烈性酒

Never rich so we were out to make that steady figure

生活捉襟见肘 我们离家奋斗只为有个稳定收入


limit ['lɪmɪt] n. 限度;限制;界限 vt. 限制;限定

set a limit 对…加以限制

We set a limit on the expenses of the trip.

我们规定了这次旅游的费用。


within (the) limits 不超出限度

That is within the limits of my authority.

这是我权限之内的事。


limit to (把…)限制在…,局限于…

We limited our talk to ten minutes.

我们把我们的谈话限定在10分钟之内。

Each customer is limited to four tickets.

每人限购4张票。


herb [ɜːrb] n. 药草;香草

I had to take the herb tea although it's bitter.

虽然汤药很苦,我还是不得不喝了。


liquor ['lɪkər]  n. 酒;烈性酒;

She drinks wine and beer but no liquor.

她喝葡萄酒和啤酒,但不喝烈性酒。


liquid ['lɪkwɪd]    

adj. 液体的;液态的;清澈的;清脆的;已转化成现款的(财)n. 液体

She poured out a large quantity of liquid from a bottle.

她从一个瓶子里倒出许多液体。


steady ['stedi]  adj. 稳定的;稳固的;坚定的v. 使稳固;使稳定;(变得)稳固;使坚定 adv. 稳定地,稳固地 n. 关系固定的情侣 ;固定支架

The old man is not steady on his legs.

这位老人站不稳。

She has a steady income.

她有固定的收入。

主播微信公众号:小C微英语

抖音:198211980

分享到