双语美文:老板的小小举动温暖了我的心
日期:2021-07-27 11:22

(单词翻译:单击)

I don't often eat lunch at work,

工作的时候我经常不吃午饭

and tend to just work through the day and eat dinner when I get home.

我习惯把一整天的时间都用来工作,回到家后再享受一顿晚餐

I was having a bad day,

那天我心情很糟

it was around 4pm and I was struggling to make things happen.

已经是下午四点钟了,我正竭力让一切顺利起来

My boss, a wonderful lady, saw this and said "you ok?”.

我的老板,一位温和的女士,看到了我,问道,“你还好吗?”

I said yeah,

我说,还好吧

I'm just struggling a little right now because of x, y, and z.

就是眼下有点焦头烂额,因为这个,那个,如此这般

Then she did something that shocked me,

接着她对我说了一句话,让我大吃一惊

she said "Did you eat lunch?"

她问,“你吃过午饭了吗?”

Me: "No"

我说,“没有。”

Her: "Here, have some grapes"

她说,“来,吃点葡萄吧!”

as she hands me a bag of grapes she had left from lunch.

她随即递给我一袋子葡萄,这是她吃午餐时留下的。

R-C (1).jpg

That bag of grapes changed my day,

这袋葡萄让我的这一天焕然一新

and in turn changed my life at least a little.

还让我的人生起了变化,哪怕只有十分微小的变化

She literally mommed me.

她对我的关怀简直像对小孩子一样。

Gave my 28 year old self a snack and a juice box

我明明已经是28岁的大人了,她送我的零食和果汁,像是讨好孩子的礼物

and it was the most caring thing I've ever had a boss do.

这是我遇到的老板做过的最温暖人心的事情。

分享到