双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第25章:尾声(13)
日期:2018-03-21 11:26

(单词翻译:单击)

Today we all know education is our basic right.
现在,我们都知道接受教育是我们的基本权利。
Not just in the West; Islam too has given us this right.
不只在西方,伊斯兰教也赋予了我们这项权利。
Islam says every girl and every boy should go to school.
伊斯兰教义提到,每个女孩和每个男孩都该上学。
In the Quran it is written, God wants us to have knowledge.
《古兰经》里这样写道:真主希望我们习得知识,
He wants us to know why the sky is blue and about oceans and stars.
他想让我们知道为什么天空是蓝色的,以及海洋与星辰的奥秘。
I know it's a big struggle – around the world there are fifty-seven million children who are not in primary school, thirty-two million of them girls.
我知道这是一个很大的挑战——世界上有5700万名孩子没有上小学,其中有3200万是女孩。
Sadly my own country Pakistan is one of the worst places: 5.1 million children don't even go to primary school even though in our constitution it says every child has that right.
可悲的是,我自己的国家巴基斯坦是世界上情况最严重的地方之一:510万名儿童没上过小学。但我们的宪法里却明文规定每个孩子都被赋予这项权利。
We have almost fifty million illiterate adults, two-thirds of whom are women, like my own mother.
还有我们国家有将近5000万名成人是文盲,其中2/3是女性,就像我的母亲那样。
Girls continue to be killed and schools blown up.
女孩继续被杀害,学校被炸毁。
In March there was an attack on a girls' school in Karachi that we had visited.
3月时,有一所我们曾造访过、位于卡拉奇的女子学校遭受攻击。
A bomb and a grenade were tossed into the school playground just as a prize-giving ceremony was about to start.
一枚炸弹和一枚手榴弹,在一场颁奖典礼正准备开始之前,被掷进了学校的操场。
The headmaster, Abdur Rasheed, was killed and eight children hurt between the ages of five and ten.
学校校长阿布多·拉什德因此丧生,8个五到十岁之间的孩子受到伤害。
One eight-year-old was left disabled.
一个八岁的孩童面临左半身瘫痪的命运。
When my mother heard the news, she cried and cried.
母亲听到这则消息时,哭个不停。
'When our children are sleeping we wouldn't even disturb a hair on their heads,' she said, 'but there are people who have guns and shoot them or hurl bombs.
“当我们自己的孩子在睡觉时,我们连他头上的一根头发都不忍惊动,”她说,“但有些人却开枪射杀他们,或是拿炸弹丢他们。
They don't care that their victims are children.'
他们根本不在乎那些受害者是不是孩子。”

分享到