双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第23章:伯明翰 头部中枪的女孩(12)
日期:2017-12-29 08:33

(单词翻译:单击)

Yes, that's right,' she replied. 'Too many people in the Muslim world can't believe a Muslim can do such a thing,' she said.
“对,没有错。”她回答,“很多穆斯林都无法相信一名穆斯林居然会做出这种事。”她说,
'My mother, for example, would say they can't be Muslims.
“举例来说,我的母亲就会说他们一定不是穆斯林。
Some people call themselves Muslims but their actions are not Islamic.'
有些人会称自己为穆斯林,但他们的行为却不遵守伊斯兰教义。”
We talked about how things happen for different reasons, this happened to me, and how education for females not just males is one of our Islamic rights.
我们聊到许多事情因各种不同的原因而发生,这样的情况就发生在我身上,以及受教育的权利不应只是男性拥有,女性也应当拥有,这才符合伊斯兰教义。
I was speaking up for my right as a Muslim woman to be able to go to school.
我为我自己的权利发声,穆斯林女性理当拥有接受教育的权利。
Once I got my voice back, I talked to my parents on Dr Javid's phone.
一发现自己能再次说话了,我就用贾维德医生的手机跟父母通话。
I was worried about sounding strange.
我担心自己的声音听起来很奇怪。
'Do I sound different?' I asked my father.
“我的声音听起来是不是有些怪怪的?”我问父亲。
No,' he said. 'You sound the same and your voice will only get better. Are you OK?' he asked.
“没有,”他说,“你的声音听起来跟以前一样,而且会越来越好听。你那边都还好吗?”他问。
Yes,' I replied, 'but this headache is so severe, I can't bear the pain.'
“还好,”我回答,“但我头痛得很厉害,几乎无法忍受。”
My father got really worried.
父亲真的很担心。
I think he ended up with a bigger headache than me.
我猜到头来,他的头会痛得比我还厉害。
In all the calls after that he would ask, 'Is the headache increasing or decreasing?'
之后,每当我们通电话,父亲都会问:“你的头痛好些了吗?还是变得更严重了?”
After that I just said to him, 'I'm OK.'
那次之后,我总会跟他说:“我挺好的。”
I didn't want to upset him and didn't complain even when they took the staples from my head and gave me big injections in my neck.
我不想让父亲担心。就连院方给我的头部拆线,往我的脖子打了一管超大的针剂都没说。
'When are you coming?' I kept asking.
“你们什么时候会过来?”我不停地问他们。

分享到