双语畅销书《我是马拉拉》第16章:悲伤之谷(3)
日期:2017-05-08 17:58

(单词翻译:单击)

We were lucky our house had not been broken into.
我们很幸运,房子没有被入侵。
Four or five of the houses on our street had been looted and TVs and gold jewellery had been taken.
这条街上有四五家房子被抢了,电视和金银珠宝都被拿走。
Safina's mother next door had deposited her gold in a bank vault for safekeeping and even that had been looted.
隔壁邻居萨芬娜的母亲把金饰存进银行仓库保管,即便如此,也被劫掠了。
My father was anxious to check on the school. I went with him.
父亲急着想确认学校的情况。我跟他一起去。
We found that the building opposite the girls' school had been hit by a missile but the school itself looked intact.
我们发现女子学校对面的建筑被飞弹击中,但学校表面看起来完好无缺。
For some reason my father's keys would not work so we found a boy who climbed over the wall and opened it from the inside.
不知为何,父亲的钥匙怎么都打不开门。所以我们找了一个男孩攀墙而过,从里面帮我们打开门。
We ran up the steps anticipating the worst.
我们跑上阶梯,准备好看到最惨的状况。
Someone has been in here,' my father said as soon as we entered the courtyard.
“有人来过这里。”一进入中庭,父亲就这么说。
There were cigarette stubs and empty food wrappers all over the floor.
香烟屁股和空食品袋散落满地,
Chairs had been upended and the space was a mess.
椅子都倒在地上,到处都乱糟糟的。
My father had taken down the Khushal School sign and left it in the courtyard.
离开时,父亲取下胡沙尔学校的招牌,把它放在中庭里;
It was leaning against the wall and I screamed as we lifted it.
而现在,它则被靠在墙上。当我们把它拿开时,我大声尖叫,
Underneath were the rotting heads of goats.
底下满是腐烂的山羊头。
It looked like the remains of someone's dinner.
看起来应该是某人的晚餐。
Then we went into the classrooms.
然后,我们走进教室。
Anti-Taliban slogans were scrawled all over the walls.
反塔利班的标语胡乱地写满了整面墙壁。

分享到