时尚与地球生态(4)
日期:2023-11-06 11:15

(单词翻译:单击)

 MP3点击下载

On this journey, I didn't think it was very revolutionary trying to meet my sheep that made my clothes, but it turns out it was.

在这个过程中,我并不认为想见到为我贡献衣衫的绵羊是富有革新精神的,但事实证明确实如此。

Before I knew it, I was on the news, the subject of a documentary, writing columns for British "Vogue."

在我还未觉察到的时候,我已经上了新闻,成为一部纪录片的主题,为英国版的《Vogue》撰写专栏文章。

And that gives me a lot of hope.

这给了我很大的希望。

But fashion is still everything you think.

但是当下的时尚仍然是你所想象的一切。

It's trends, fast pace, logos, brands.

它是流行趋势、快速更替、讲究标志、追求品牌。

But to fashion something is to make something. And that was where my passion came from.

但是塑造某件事就是创造一些东西,这就是我的激情的来源。

And what I've learned in this journey is if I'm going to continue to design and fashion clothing, I must also fashion our future.

在这段旅程中我学到的是,如果我要继续从事时装设计行业,我还必须塑造我们的未来,

The two things come hand in hand.

这两件事是齐头并进的。

Yes, there are technical solutions to this problem, to these problems, and I can talk endlessly about them, from biomimicry-based dyes and finishes to regenerative and recycled textiles.

是的,这个问题和这些问题都有技术性的解决方案,我可以无休止地谈论它们,从基于仿生的染料和饰面到再生和回收的纺织品。

And it's important. Technology is important.

而且这很重要,技术很重要。

But the other thing I've learned in this journey is that it's only when we reconnect back to the living world and look at it in awe and wonder and the respect that it deserves will true systemic change happen.

但我在这段旅程中学到的另一件事是,只有当我们重新与现实生活相连接,并以惊奇和赞美的态度看待它,并给它以应有的尊重时,真正的系统性变革才会发生。

And when I talk about the living world, I talk about the people and the planet.

当我谈论现实世界时,我谈论的是人类和地球。

Box-ticking is greenwashing, and greenwashing is dangerous.

形式主义的做法是“漂绿”而已,伪装“绿色”形象是危险的。

It's just the medicine to a symptom and not the solution to a problem.

它只是治疗症状的药物,而不是解决问题的方法。

And fashion absolutely should not cost the Earth.

而且,时尚绝对不应该让地球付出代价。

Nature designs or fashions the most incredible designs there are. We just simply forgot to look.

大自然的鬼斧神工才是世界上最神奇的设计,我们只是忘记看了。

So my ask: next time you open your wardrobes, instead of seeing clothes, brands, logos and perhaps your favorite dress, delve a little bit deeper.

所以我请求大家:下次你打开衣柜时,与其看到衣服、品牌、徽标,或者是你最喜欢的裙子,探究更深层次的意义。

Go to Narnia.

去纳尼亚吧。

And instead see the vast and unique ecosystem that makes each piece individual and its inherent connection to our planet on which all of our lives depend.

去看看那宏大而独特的生态系统,它的每件杰作都独一无二,去感受它与我们所有生命赖以生存的地球有着怎样的内在联系。

Thank you.

谢谢。

分享到