(单词翻译:单击)
Is that really the right strategy?
这真的是正确的策略吗?
You’re progressing, and then you’re like, “Oh, but let’s talk about all of our problems.”
你在进步,然后你会说,“哦,但我们还是谈谈我们所有的问题吧
I mean, it’s a good pushback.
我的意思是,这是一个很好的回击
Because on the one hand, if things are going well and you think they will continue to go well, and you can let go the past bad behavior.
因为一方面,如果事情进展顺利,你认为他们会继续顺利,你就可以放下过去的不良行为
Great. Right?
太棒了
That’s path of least resistance. I love that.
这是阻力最小的路径
However, if you suspect that they’re going to do it again, or things are going well, but you’re worried you’re not going to be able to let go the resentment you have about their behavior, you don’t want that to leak out later.
然而,如果你怀疑他们还会这样做,或者事情进展顺利,但你担心你无法释放对他们行为的怨恨,你不希望这种情绪后来泄露出去
So I do think it’s good to bring it up.
所以我确实认为把它提出来是很好的
And when things are positive, they’re going to be much more open to hearing from you.
当事情变得积极时,他们会更愿意听取你的意见
I’m not promising, it’s going to go a hundred percent easily, but they’re more likely to hear you.
我不敢保证,这将是百分之百的容易,但他们更有可能听到你的声音
Let’s dig into some of the archetype-specific advice.
让我们深入研究一些针对原型的建议
I’ve heard you mention the know-it-all, the insecure manager, and the passive-aggressive peer a couple of times.
我听你提到过几次百事通、缺乏安全感的经理和消极进取的同事
Maybe those are the most common and we’ll tackle those?
也许这些是最常见的,我们会解决这些问题吗?
Sure. Okay. What’s something that you would do with a know-it-all that you wouldn’t do with the other types?
是的,对,你有哪些事情是想和百事通一起做而不是和其他人一起做的?
One of the things you have to remember, is that the know-it-all is the overconfident person.
你必须记住的一件事是,百事通是过于自信的人
We all tend to be overconfident at times.
我们都倾向于有时过于自信
One of my favorite statistics about this is how many people actually think they’re better than average drivers.
关于这一点,我最喜欢的一个统计数据是,有多少人实际上认为自己比一般司机更好
It’s something like 76%, which obviously is statistically impossible.
大约是76%,这在统计上显然是不可能的
So overconfidence is normal.
因此,过度自信是正常的
It’s something we all experience.
这是我们都经历过的事情
And so you’re trying to make sure that, that overconfidence doesn’t outshine you, doesn’t harm others either.
所以你要努力确保,这种过度自信不会让你相形见绌,也不会伤害其他人
Oftentimes the know-it-all is the classic, “I blow your candle out so mine shines brighter.”
通常,百事通就很经典:“我吹灭你的蜡烛,这样我的蜡烛才会更亮
And the first thing you need to do defensively is make sure that your good work is known.
你需要做的第一件事是确保你的出色表现被人所知
Oftentimes the know-it-all will take up the airtime in the room.
通常情况下,百事通会占用房间里的通话时间
And so you need to make sure you have the space and the visibility that you need.
因此,您需要确保您有足够的空间和可见性
This is a strange piece of advice, but I’ve seen this work many times, where you actually ask them for advice.
这是一个奇怪的建议,但我已经见过很多次了,你实际上是在征求他们的建议
It sort of incurs an altruistic mode for them to, “Oh, I can help someone. Someone wants to actually hear from me.”
这让他们产生了一种利他主义的模式,“哦,我可以帮助别人
Now, of course, they might go right into proclamation mode and you’ll have to be willing to tolerate that.
当然,现在他们可能会直接进入公告模式,你必须愿意容忍这一点
But by asking for their advice, what we know from research is they’re more invested in your success.
但通过寻求他们的建议,我们从研究中得知,他们更更多投入助你成功
I also think with the know-it-all you do have a little bit more leeway to push back.
我还认为有了这个百事通,你确实有更多的回旋余地
And that’s because of that overconfidence.
这是因为他们过于自信
You’re not going to really damage their ego like you would with a insecure manager.
你不会像对待一个缺乏安全感的经理那样伤害他们的自尊心
So with the know-it-all, you have some room to say, “Oh, what are the facts and data you’re basing that on?”
所以有了百事通,你就有了一些空间来说,“哦,你所依据的事实和数据是什么?”
Or, “Huh, you seem really sure of that. What makes you know that?”
或者,“嗯,你看起来真的很确定
And you have to take the snark out of your voice.
你必须消除你声音中的尖酸刻薄
You have to really do that neutrally, which is hard.
你必须真正做到中立,这很难
But sometimes pushing back and doing it over and over, shows that you’re not going to just let them tell you that the product is going to fail or your customers aren’t interested in that feature.
但有时反反复复,这表明你不会让他们告诉你,产品会失败,或者你的客户对那个功能不感兴趣