(单词翻译:单击)
For some reason, incessantly while the first 18, 19 years of my life, the future me was much happier, much successful than the present me.
出于某种原因,在我生命的前18、19年里,未来的我比现在的我更快乐,更成功
So, I was like, alright fine, so I was forcing myself.
我想,好吧,所以我强迫自己
As I promised, I started preparing for civil services examination and I was forcing myself to slog, but I was bored.
正如我所承诺的,我开始准备公务员考试,我强迫自己努力学习,但我很无聊
UPSC exams were still far away.
UPSC考试还很遥远
In the meantime, I thought of doing theatre and I thought to learn dance because to counter the shyness that I had, still have, and also because there were no girls in my engineering college for some reason.
在此期间,我想到了做戏剧,我想学跳舞,因为我想要克服我一直以来的害羞,而且因为一些原因我的工程学院没有女生
I felt cheated man, we slogged so much, you cracked your entrance exam, and you find that there are no girls.
我觉得被骗了,我们努力了这么多,通过了入学考试,你发现身边没有女孩了
So, somebody told me that there are very good-looking girls in dance schools.
所以,有人告诉我,舞蹈学校里有非常漂亮的女孩
So, I was like, fine, I enrolled.
所以,我就说,好吧,我报名
And once I started with performing arts, I knew one thing for sure, I knew that I quite liked it.
我一开始从事表演艺术,我就确定了一件事,我知道我很喜欢它
And three years later, imagine me sitting in the campus and I'm thinking, alright, I'm really interested in performing arts.
想象一下三年后我 坐在校园里,我对表演艺术真的很感兴趣
And all I want to do is to earn money and to be recognized.
而我所想做的就是挣钱和被认可
So, if I become a movie star, hmm, I actually was very serious.
所以,如果我成为一个电影明星,嗯,我其实是很认真的
And I dropped out of my College in the third year, when I was just two semesters away from getting the degree, engineering degree.
我在大学的第三年退学了,当时我离拿到工程学学位只有两个学期了
Came to Mumbai, got heavily into theatre and also the skills that I thought were necessary to become an actor.
来到孟买,对戏剧有了很深的了解,同时也掌握了我认为成为一名演员所必需的技能
And by the way, this time I stayed with six other guys in a single room kitchen.
顺便说一句,这一次我和其他六个人住在一个单间厨房里
But this time I was prepared for it.
但这一次我已经做好了准备
This time, there was one difference, I was driven.
这一次,有一个不同之处,我有动力了
My self-respect was at stake.
我的自尊岌岌可危
My ex-college mates, one of them is sitting right here in the black shirt.
我之前的大学同学,其中一位就坐在这里,穿着黑色衬衫
They thought that I was that disaster that folks in engineering and B schools should never become.
他们认为我是一场灾难,工程学和B类学校的人永远不应该成为这样的人
So, I had to prove a point to everybody.
所以,我必须向每个人证明自己的观点
I had to prove a point to my family.
我必须向家人证明自己的观点
Most importantly, I had to prove a point to myself.
最重要的是,我必须向自己证明自己的观点
And this was the time when I was also a background dancer.
当时我也是一名背景舞者
So, I was dancing behind all the possible stars that you can think of, Shahrukh Khan, Shaheed Kapoor, everybody.
所以,我曾经在所有你能想到的明星后面跳舞,沙鲁克汗,沙希德·卡普尔等等
And I was thinking, I was thinking to myself while I was performing, okay, it's just three steps away, there I have to get, and everything will be sorted.
当我表演的时候我在想,好吧,就差三步了,我要去那里,一切都会好起来的
And I kept going like that.
我一直这样鼓励自己
