(单词翻译:单击)
Congratulation Class of 2020 on a well-deserved and long-awaited recognition.
祝贺2020届毕业生获得这一期待已久、当之无愧的认可 。
As a professor, I am always delighted to see students honored for their hard work.
作为一名教授,看到学生们努力学习受到了认可,我深感欣慰 。
And today is no exception.
今天也不例外 。
Still, this celebration is unusual.
不过,今年的毕业典礼不同以往 。
It is not the one you imagined or anticipated or dreamed about.
这跟大家想象的,期待的或者梦想的典礼有所出入 。
But you can be especially proud of what it represents, your ingenuity and relentlessness,
但你们可以为它所代表的意义感到骄傲,以及你们的独创性和永不放弃,
and that our your teachers, families and friends in challenging sometimes tragic and unprecedented times.
我们的老师、家人和朋友在这个悲惨而又前所未有的时刻面临着挑战 。
Commencement, someone once said is a funny thing to call the end.
有人曾经说过,把“毕业典礼”认为“结束”是一件可笑的事情 。
That is of course, because it is both an end and a new beginning.
这是当然的,因为它既是结束,也是新的开始 。
The harsh reality which marks the end of your journey today will one day pass.
今天,这个标志着旅程终点的严酷现实,总有一天会过去 。
So I want to encourage you to look to the brighter days ahead, to the possibilities before you, to prepare for that future,
所以我想鼓励你们放眼更光明未来,专注于面前的各种可能性,为未来做好准备,
so that when you look back you will have left nothing on your playing field.
当你回顾人生的时候,就不会留下任何遗憾 。
I can tell you that the time before you will go by in a flash.
我可以告诉大家,时光眨眼即逝 。
It seems not too long ago that I was sitting where you are wishing that the speaker would finish quickly.
不久前,我就坐在你们希望演讲者赶紧结束演讲的地方 。
Trust me, it was a long time ago.
相信我,那是很久以前的事了 。
So promise yourself today that you will savor and make the best of every moment of what lies ahead.
所以,今天对自己承诺,你们会尽情享受并充分利用未来的每一刻 。
Embracing challenge, living humbly, and dedicating your talents to a higher human purpose.
接受挑战,谦逊生活,把天赋奉献给更高的人类目标 。
Here are a few thoughts about how to do exactly that.
下面是一些关于如何实现这一点的建议 。
First, you have to be passionate about something in your life.
首先,你必须对生活中的一些事情充满激情 。
There should be that one thing that makes you feel most alive.
应该有一件事能让你觉得自己充满了活力 。
If you've not yet found it, keep searching.
如果还没有找到,那就继续寻找 。