圣诞小说:圣诞颂歌(MP3+中英字幕) 第27期:故事的结尾(2)
日期:2015-03-04 11:44

(单词翻译:单击)

圣诞颂歌

Oh, wonderful! wonderful!
噢,太美妙了!太美妙了!
'What's today?' he cried, calling down to a boy in the street.
“今天是什么日子?”他叫住街上的一个男孩大声地问。
'Today?' replied the boy, in great surprise. 'Why, it's Christmas Day!'
“今天?”孩子大为吃惊地回答说,“怎么啦,今天是圣诞节!”
'So I haven't missed it!' thought Scrooge. 'The spirits have done it all in one night!'
“所以我没错过它!”斯克罗吉想,“幽灵们在一夜之间做完了这些事情!”
He called down to the boy again, 'Hallo, young man! Do you know the meat shop at the corner of the next street? '
他又叫那个男孩停下,“喂,小孩!你认识下一条街角的那家肉店吗?”
'Of course I do,' replied the boy.
“当然认识。”男孩回答说。
'What an intelligent boy!' said Scrooge.
“多聪明的孩子啊!”斯克罗吉说。
'Do you know if they've sold the big turkey that was in the shop window yesterday?'
“你知道他们昨天有没有把橱窗里最大的火鸡卖掉?”
'What, the one as big as me?' asked the boy.
“什么,那只像我这么大的火鸡?”男孩问。
'What a delightful boy!' said Scrooge.
“多么可爱的孩子啊!”斯克罗吉说,
'It's wonderful talking to him. Yes, that's the one!'
“同他说话真是太好了。是的,就是那只!”
'It's still there in the window,' said the boy.
“它还在橱窗里摆着呢。”男孩说。
'Is it?' said Scrooge. 'Well, go and buy it.'
“是吗?”斯克罗吉说。“那好,你去把它买下来。”
'You don't mean it!' cried the boy.
“你不是这意思吧!”男孩大声说。
'I do, I do. I'm serious. Go and buy it, and tell the man to bring it back here.
“我是这意思,我是这意思。我没开玩笑。去把它买下来,并让店主送到这儿来。
Come back with the man and I'll give you a shilling.
你和店主一起回来,我就给你一先令。
Come back in less than five minutes and I'll give you three shillings!'
如果在5分钟之内回来我就给你三个先令!”
The boy went off like a bullet from a gun.
男孩像出了枪膛的子弹一样很快消失了。
'I'll send the turkey to Bob Cratchit's!' laughed Scrooge.
“我要把这只火鸡送给鲍勃·克拉奇蒂一家!”斯克罗吉笑了
'He'll never know who's sent it! It's twice as big as Tiny Tim! Ha ha ha!'
“他永远也不会知道是谁送去的!它比小蒂姆还大一倍!哈哈哈!”
He went on laughing as he wrote Bob's address, gave it to the man with the turkey, and paid for a taxi, because the turkey was much too heavy to carry all the way to Camden Town.
他一边写鲍勃的地址一边笑着,他把地址递给了那个抱着火鸡的人,并叫了一辆出租车付了费,因为那只火鸡太沉了,无法一路抱到卡姆登镇。
Now he finished dressing, and went out into the streets, wearing his best clothes.
现在他穿好了衣服,他穿着他最好的衣服出去来到了街上。
The town was full of happy, busy people, and Scrooge smiled at all of them.
镇子上到处都是幸福、忙碌的人们,斯克罗吉对每个人都微笑着。
Three or four men said cheerfully to him, 'Good morning,sir! And a merry Christmas to you!'
有三四个人高兴地对他说:“早上好,先生!祝你圣诞快乐!”
Scrooge thought these were the best sounds that he had ever heard.
斯克罗吉觉得这是他曾经听到过的最美妙的声音。
As he was walking, he suddenly noticed one of the comfortable-looking gentlemen who had come to his office to ask for money for the poor.
他走着走着忽然发现了曾经到他办公室为穷人要钱,长相英俊的一位绅士。
Scrooge went straight up to him, took the old gentleman by both hands, and said,
斯克罗吉径直朝他走去,握住那位老先生的双手说,
'My dear sir, how are you? A merry Christmas to you, sir!'
“我亲爱的先生,你好吗?祝你圣诞快乐,先生!”

分享到