美国语文第六册(MP3+中英字幕) 第235期:伊万杰琳眼中的教堂景象(2)
日期:2019-11-15 09:30

(单词翻译:单击)

To my natural make and my temper, painful the task is I do, which to you I know must be grievous.
就我的脾气而言,我的任务艰巨,我晓得你们必定伤心痛苦。
Yet must I bow and obey, and deliver the will of our monarch;
然而我必须屈膝服从,传达主上的旨意;
Namely, that all your lands, and dwellings, and cattle of all kinds forfeited be to the crown;
就是说你们所有被抄没的土地,房舍和牲畜都要归于王权;
and that you yourselves from this province be transported to other lands.
从这个行省来的你们要转到他地。
God grant you may dwell there ever as faithful subjects, a happy and peaceable people!
上帝准许你们在那里定居,永世为忠实的奴仆,快乐祥和的人们!
Prisoners now I declare you; for such is his Majesty's pleasure!”
现在我宣布你们是囚徒;因为这是陛下的意思!”
村舍

As, when the air is serene in the sultry solstice of summer, suddenly gathers a storm,
在湿热难耐的夏日里,空气宁静安谧,突然间暴风雨骤起,
and the deadly sling of the hailstones beats down the farmer's corn in the field and shatters his windows,
雹块如刀,将农夫地里的谷物砍倒,击打窗扉,
hiding the sun, and strewing the ground with thatch from the house roofs, bellowing fly the herds, and seek to break their inclosure;
太阳躲起来了,将屋顶的茅草掀在地上,畜群仰天咆哮,极力冲破围栏;
So on the hearts of the people descended the words of the speaker.
喇叭里有几句话说到人们心坎。
Silent a moment, they stood in speechless wonder, and then rose louder and ever louder a wail of sorrow and anger,
在无语的惊诧中人们默默站了一会儿,然后哀号和愤怒声越来越大,
And, by one impulse moved, they madly rushed to the doorway.
随着一人冲动地乱窜,他们疯了似的冲到门口。

分享到