(单词翻译:单击)
Bob Cratchit. (His good-natured face covered with smiles.) How glad I am to see you, Martha!
鲍勃·克拉特基特:(他那张和蔼可亲的脸上洋溢着微笑 。)我见到你真高兴,玛莎!
It does your father good to have all his children with him on Christmas Day.
在圣诞节这天,所有孩子都能来陪伴,我这个当爸爸的真是太开心了 。
Dick. Come here, Tiny Tim! Hurry, hurry! You can hear the Christmas pudding singing in the kettle.
迪克:来这儿,小提姆!快点、快点!你能听到圣诞布丁在水壶里唱歌 。
(He helps Tiny Tim over to the fireplace.)
(他帮小提姆来到壁炉旁 。)
Fanny. Hear it bubble and boil! It's all tied up in a cloth. See it steam!
范妮:听到冒泡和沸腾的声音了!全都用布料捆好,看它冒蒸汽了!
Dick. It smells like washing day!
迪克:闻起来像洗衣服的日子!
Fanny. That's the cloth. Dick. And it smells just like the baker's shop!
范妮:那是布料,迪克,闻起来就像面包店!
Fanny. That's the pudding.
范妮:那就是布丁 。
Dick. Oh, but it smells like a fruit shop, too!
迪克:哦,但它闻起来也像水果店!
Fanny. That's the raisins and currants.
范妮:那是葡萄干和醋栗 。
(Fanny and Dick dance about the fireplace and sniff the pudding. Tiny Tim waves his little crutch.)
(范妮和迪克在壁炉边跳舞,闻着布丁的味道 。小提姆挥舞着他的小拐杖 。)
Tiny Tim. Hurrah! Hurrah!
小提姆:好哇!好哇!
Mrs. Cratchit. (Softly.) How did Tiny Tim behave at church?
克拉特基特夫人:(轻柔地 。)小提姆在教堂表现的怎么样?
Bob Cratchit. As good as gold. He sits alone so much that he has strange thoughts.
鲍勃·克拉特基特:特别好,他一个人坐久了,想出各种怪异的念头 。
He told me coming home that he hoped the people saw him in the church, because he was a cripple.
他回家时告诉我,希望人们在教堂看到他,因为他是个跛子 。
He said it might be pleasant for them to remember on Christmas Day Who it was that made cripples walk and blind men see.
他说,在圣诞节这天,他们也许会很高兴地记起是谁让跛子能够走路,盲人能够看见 。
Mrs. Cratchit. (Wiping her eyes.) Oh, if we only had a little more money, we could get him medicine and better food.
克拉特基特夫人:(擦着眼睛 。)哦,如果我们再多有一点钱,我们就能给他买药和更好的食物 。
We could send him into the country for better air.
我们可以送他到乡下去呼吸新鲜空气 。
Why doesn't Scrooge pay you fairly for your work? Then we could help Tiny Tim, and he would get well again.
为什么斯克鲁奇不能公平地付你工钱?那样我们就能帮助小提姆了,他会好起来的 。
Bob Cratchit. (Shaking his finger at her.) My dear! Christmas Day!
鲍勃·克拉特基特:(对她摇了摇手指 。)亲爱的!这是圣诞节!
Mrs. Cratchit. You know it is true, Bob Cratchit, but you are too kind-hearted to say so.
克拉特基特夫人:你知道这都是真的,鲍勃·克拉特基特,但你太善良,不能这么说 。
Belinda. (Breaking in on them.) Isn’t it time for Peter to get the goose, Mother?
贝琳达:(打断他们的谈话 。)妈妈,彼得是不是该去取那只鹅了?
Fanny and Dick. May we go, too? Oh, let us go! Peter. I’ll carry Tiny Tim on my shoulder.
范妮和迪克:我们也可以去吗?哦,让我们去吧!彼得,我会把小提姆扛在肩上 。
Fanny and Dick can bring home the goose.
范妮和迪克可以把鹅拿回家 。