(单词翻译:单击)
Soon he came to the palace and knocked at the door.
不一会儿,傻蛋来到宫殿前并敲了敲门 。
When a servant opened the door, Simpleton said, "I have a present to give to the king."
一个仆人打开了门,傻蛋说,我有一件礼物要送给国王 。
"Oh, indeed,"said the servant, "Let me see it, "Simpleton opened his basket and showed him the goose,
嗯,这很好,仆人说,让我看看,傻蛋揭开篮子给他看看肥鹅,
"That is a very fine goose," said the servant, "but half of it is mine.
真是只上好的肥鹅啊,仆人说,不过这只肥鹅应该有我的一半 。
For I am the keeper of the door, and half of everything that is carried in must be given to me."
因为我是门卫,所有带进去的东西都要分我一半 。
"But I can not take half a goose to the king," said Simpleton. "What shall I do?"
但是我总不能拿半只鹅送给国王啊,傻蛋说 。我该怎么办才好呢?
"I will tell you what to do," said the servant, "If you take the goose to the king, he will give you a reward.
我来告诉你怎么办吧,仆人说,你把鹅献给国王,国王会奖赏你的 。
You can give half of the reward to me."
你可以把奖赏的一半给我 。
When Simpleton promised to give up half of his reward, the servant let him go into the palace.
在傻蛋答应让出自己一半的奖赏后,这个仆人让他进入了宫殿 。
There, at the foot of the stairs, stood another servant.
在楼梯口,还站着另一个仆人 。
"I have a present for the king," Simpleton said to this one, as he showed him the goose.
我有一件礼物要给国王,傻蛋一边对这个人说,一边给他看了一下肥鹅 。
"That is a fine goose," said the servant, "but half of it is mine.
真是只上好的肥鹅啊,仆人说,但这只鹅的一半是我的 。
I am the keeper of the stairs, and half of everything that goes up them belongs to me."
我是看守楼梯的侍卫,所有送上去的东西有一半是我的 。
Simpleton had to promise this servant,also,half of the reward. At once the servant took him to the king.
于是傻蛋也答应给这个仆人一半的奖赏 。这个仆人立刻带他去了国王那里 。
While the second servant was waiting to see what the king would do, the first servant came in.
当第二个仆人等在那里要看国王做什么的时候,第一个仆人也进来了 。
The king was much pleased with Simpleton's present.
国王很喜欢傻蛋的礼物 。
"This is a very fine goose, indeed," he said.
这确实是只上好的肥鹅,国王说 。
"You shall have a reward. What would you like?"
你应该得到赏赐,你要什么?