至爱梵高·星空之谜(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第45期 被赶出旅店
日期:2018-06-25 18:28

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
I was also told that Vincent got the gun from your place.
我还听说 文森特的枪是从你们店里拿的
What?
什么
Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
We don't even have a gun.
我们家根本没有枪
Gachets housekeeper told me you did.
加歇的女管家告诉我说 你们有枪
No.
没有
Father used to own one once, but
我父亲以前是有一把 但...
he didn't reckon he'd need it here in Auvers, so he sold it.
他觉得在奥维尔用不上 所以就卖掉了
Before Vincent was shot?
在文森特自杀之前吗
Yes.

We didn't have it than,
后来枪就不在了
and don't you go spreading that squawking hen's gossip.
你别出去乱传那个长舌妇的八卦了
This came for you.
这信是给你的
It says that you've lost your job.
信上说你被解雇了
So you're not Good for credit.
所以我们不能继续给你赊账了
重点讲解

gossip
(disapproving) informal talk or stories about other people's private lives, that may be unkind or not true
流言蜚语;闲言碎语
Don't believe all the gossip you hear.
别对那些道听途说都信以为真。
Tell me all the latest gossip !
把最新的小道消息都讲给我听听吧!
The gossip was that he had lost a fortune on the stock exchange.
有小道消息说他在股票交易中赔了一大笔钱。

squawk
to speak or make a noise in a loud, sharp voice because you are angry, surprised, etc.
尖声高叫;怒声叫嚷;吃惊地尖声说话
'You did what?!' she squawked.
"你干了什么?!"她惊叫道。

credit
an arrangement that you make, with a shop / store for example, to pay later for sth you buy
赊购;赊欠
to get / refuse credit
允许/拒绝赊购
We bought the dishwasher on credit.
我们赊购了一台洗碗机。
to offer interest-free credit (= allow sb to pay later, without any extra charge)
提供免息赊购

视频及简介
该影片是为了纪念梵高125年诞辰,通过30位绘画师以梵高风格的油画再现和动画师手绘的120幅梵高画作,让梵·高的20位画中人对着镜头讲述画家的生平,试图探索梵高的精神世界与死亡之谜。

分享到
重点单词
  • stockn. 存货,储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜 adj
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • informaladj. 非正式的,不拘形式的
  • arrangementn. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲
  • exchangen. 交换,兑换,交易所 v. 交换,兑换,交易
  • gossipn. 流言蜚语,闲话,爱说长道短的人 vi. 散播(流言