一呼一吸(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第60期 苟延残喘的生物还是鲜活的人
日期:2018-06-20 09:09

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
But let me ask you, when you look at me,
但让我问问你们 当你们看到我的时候
what is it that you see?
你们看到的是什么
Do you see a creature
你们看到的是一个
that's barely alive?
苟延残喘的生物
Or do you see a man that's escaped the confines
还是一个走出医院高墙的
of the hospital walls?
鲜活的人
Now, I have a machine
在我这个椅子下面
under this very seat that breathes for me.
有个机器 在替我呼吸
And at home, I have a ventilator right by my bed.
在家里 我床边也有个呼吸机
I also have a remarkable group of friends.
我还有很多超棒的朋友
And, most vitally, I have my wife.
但最重要的 我有我的妻子
But, as you see, I can do nothing for myself.
但是 你们看得出 我无法自理
And yet here I am.
可我还是来到了这里
重点讲解

barely
in a way that is just possible but only with difficulty
仅仅;刚刚;勉强可能
The music was barely audible.
音乐声勉强能听见。
She was barely able to stand.
她勉强能站立。
We barely had time to catch the train.
我们差点没赶上火车。

creature
a living thing, real or imaginary, that can move around, such as an animal
生物;动物
The dormouse is a shy, nocturnal creature.
榛睡鼠是一种在夜间活动的胆小动物。
respect for all living creatures
对所有有生命物的尊重
strange creatures from outer space
来自外层空间的怪物

confine
confine sb in sth
confine sth in sth

to keep a person or an animal in a small or closed space
监禁;禁闭
Keep the dog confined in a suitable travelling cage.
把狗关进适于旅行的笼子里。
Here the river is confined in a narrow channel.
这条河在这里流入狭窄的河床。

视频及简介
影片取材自真实故事,故事讲述男主罗宾因小儿麻痹症导致瘫痪,面对命运突变,却始终笑对人生。

分享到
重点单词
  • confinedadj. 幽禁的;狭窄的;有限制的;在分娩中的 v. 限
  • remarkableadj. 显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
  • suitableadj. 合适的,适宜的 adv. 合适地,恰当地
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • channeln. 通道,频道,(消息)渠道,海峡,方法 vt. 引导
  • nocturnaladj. 夜的,夜间发生的
  • audibleadj. 听得见的