你好布拉德(视频+MP3+中英字幕):第41期 担心高昂学费
日期:2018-05-29 18:13

(单词翻译:单击)

听力文本
Hey, if you're just gonna be a musician,
我说 你要只是搞音乐的话
do you even need to go to college?
还有必要念哈佛吗
What?

It's a fair question.
这么问很合理吧
Just" a musician? "
只是搞音乐
Yeah.
对啊
I'm just saying, do you need a Harvard diploma
我就是说 你要是混乐队的话
if you're gonna play music in a band?
哈佛的学历有什么用呢
Isn't that what you want to do?
你不是一直有这个打算吗
I don't know what I want to do, Dad.
我也不知道我怎么打算的
Okay, well, you better start thinking about it, 'cause, uh,
那你最好开始考虑一下了
this isn't cheap, Troy, and you're assuming a lot
学费很贵的 而且你要是觉得
if you think that I can pay for all this without taking out loans,
我不用贷款就能交得起 那你想太多了
or you taking out loans, or trying to get scholarships
要么你去贷款 要么就拿奖学金
or financial aid.
或者申请补助
What the fuck just happened?
你脑子出什么问题了
I'm thinking out loud, okay? I don't expect you to pay for everything.
我怎么想怎么说 好吗 我又没都指着你交钱
I mean, are you not gonna be able to pay for everything?
你意思是 你付不起这些钱
We'll see. I don't want you to worry about this yet.
再说吧 你现在还不用想这些
Clearly.
明白了
Hey, it might not be a big issue. Maybe one of your grandparents will die.
这也不是啥大事 要是你外公外婆谁死掉的话
重点讲解

diploma
a course of study at a college or university
文凭课程
a two-year diploma course
二年制的文凭课程
She is taking a diploma in management studies.
她在攻读管理学文凭课程。

issue
an important topic that people are discussing or arguing about
重要议题;争论的问题
a key / sensitive / controversial issue
关键的/敏感的/有争议的问题
This is a big issue ; we need more time to think about it.
这是个重大问题,我们需要花较多的时间考虑。
She usually writes about environmental issues.
她通常写环境方面的题材。

fair to sb
fair on sb

acceptable and appropriate in a particular situation
合理的;恰当的;适当的
a fair deal / wage / price / question
公平交易;合理的工资;公道的价格;恰当的问题
The punishment was very fair.
这个处罚很公正。
Was it really fair to him to ask him to do all the work?
要他做所有的工作对他真的公平吗?

视频及简介
该片讲述了一名有着美好工作及家庭的男人,相当羡慕老同学们比他拥有更好的命运。而在陪同儿子前往大学途中的东海岸之旅,他不得不再次面对老友们给他带来的挫败感。

分享到